Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

OT for the allroad. I just received a letter from the Dept, of Licensing for a complaint on

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT for the allroad. I just received a letter from the Dept, of Licensing for a complaint on

a personalized plate we put on my younger sons 20th AE GTI. The plate has the cars serial number on it "0241". The letter said the person complained about it being a drug reference.

So what the heck is 0241 referencing??? Man, at 49 years old, I didn't think I was that far out of touch.

I actually cracked up laughing. I think a short explination and a picture of the dash plaque should be enough.

Jon
Old 05-12-2008, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: OT for the allroad. I just received a letter from the Dept, of Licensing for a complaint on

Astelin nasal spray - 00037-0241-30?

Seriously the only thing I could find is a reference to: 2-for-1 sale - A marketing scheme designed to promote and increase crack sales
Old 05-12-2008, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Astelin nasal spray. hmm, wonder what that does for ya. Other than it's main purpose.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:39 PM
Lane Shark

Default In mirror could be viewed as "I 420"

<ul><li><a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)</a</li></ul>
Old 05-12-2008, 07:55 PM

Default Erare humanum est.....and here is the link to go against this false claim....

the correct term should be 249.....at least the US Government said so.....

Don't they have better things to do at this department and chase some serious offenders who actually use drugs and drive? What a waste of tax money......someone needs to get a life ;-)<ul><li><a href="http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/streetterms/ByAlpha.asp?strTerm=T">http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/streetterms/ByAlpha.asp?strTerm=T</a</li></ul>
Old 05-12-2008, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Never thought of that one.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

*ding*
Old 05-13-2008, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Soneone actually complained about your license plate?

respecfully tell the complainant to get a hobby, a dog or something.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default So someone complained. Can they actually do anything about it?

Seriously, what kind of pathetic self-important timid little @sswipe takes the time to actually complain about something like this? Man, this country is full of pansies. The rest of the world must laugh at us almost constantly.

Recently I had some government agency contact me and tell me that since my business is called "Harwood Performance Engineering" that I would have to cease and desist the use of the word "Engineering". Ostensibly this is because I don't have an official "license" to practice engineering (I'd say 4 years of engineering school with a degree qualifies me, and it is what I do for a living). But since I'm not actually providing licensed engineering services in a company with "Engineering" in the name, it's apparently illegal.

So I sent them a once sentence response: <b>"Or else what?"</b> Still waiting to hear back...

These are our tax dollars at work? WTF?
Old 05-13-2008, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It is actually slated to go before the review board on June 9th. I think the person

that complained needs to worry about they're own drug addicted mind and NOT what they THINK someone elses personal plate means. Even worse, now the state will review this plate for the second time (it is reviewed during your application) idiots.

Quick Reply: OT for the allroad. I just received a letter from the Dept, of Licensing for a complaint on