Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Paulroad Mod Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paulroad Mod Questions.

So, you have done many a mod now, please list the order you would have done them in, if it differs from what you did and identify those that have had the biggest impact on the "grin" factor and overall handling and performance of the ar.

thanks
Old 04-06-2004, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Grin factor... I like that...

Great question as I just finished my first stip in on the H-sports... great mod...It just ties up everything else to what the car should have been right from the factory.

1. 402.... Its so easy..just do it. Although, there realy was no grin for me. It just made me "part of the ar modder's club."

2. Chip... Instant and biggest Grin. You can adjust your style of driving until everything else is done.

3. Tires... not that its a big Grin... it's subtle..depending on your style and commute.

4. Bars... it kind of topped off all the others.
Now I can use the power of the chip, that the lower center of gravity (402) handles that will allow the tires to stay on the road as a result of the h-sports.

5. AFTER WARRANTY: Brakes... I've got all this
GO-GO, followed by the weak stock stoppers. I have 20K left to the 50k warranty. I'll get at least 1 more front and rear brake job out of it, and with a little added effort, the rotors will warp and I'll get those as well. Then at 70K I'll go for the Zimmermans and good pads.

At some point, probably after the warranty, I'll get Baily Black Diverter valves and throw in a better n75 valve. ( my son is working this on out)
Old 04-06-2004, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default H Sport install snafu?

Congrats on getting everything up to snuff Paulroad, sounds like an even sweeter ride now! Given I'm looking at doing the H-sports and trying to assemble a mini--FAQ for my local installer, is one of your threads (from below) the definitive, "do this, don't do that" review of the install or do I need to piece that together or can you offer up a summary?

Thanks (from me and all future H-sport modders)!
Old 04-06-2004, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default here is a good h-sport install from a while ago......

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/57107.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/57107.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 04-06-2004, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alls well.... :-)

THe post that yzf996fltri put up is fine. Just make sure your shop knows to follow the picture of the rear mount exactly. The Bars MUST be mounted to the inside of the the link or they will pull the link off their bushings. Its a simple enough mistake and the photo does help best in color.

FYI, I had this install done by my local town's repair shop (Mobil station)...50 cars waiting for work at any time.. this is your general type of shop: Tune Ups, Tires, Shock, Brakes etc. Fords, Chevys Toyota's and a few enlightend BMWs, Audis etc. I believe in using the type of shop that matches the task. Why pay $100 per hour from a mod/performance shop when the local 60.00/hour shop can do the job just as well.

If I needed the turbos redone, I'd go to the dealer or a specific performance shop. But for the normal stuff like this, and brakes after warranty.. Gus, gets my work. Just another .02..
Old 04-06-2004, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default H-Sport Install

Last weekend had the H-sport installed.
Front Bar - Easy and straight forward
Rear Bar - Hard to install. My bolts going through the plastic ends (don't know the name)were rusted to the sleeves. They had to remove the plastic ends from the frame and then reinstall with new bolts. I am glad I had someone else installing.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Great, thanks!