Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Recent purchase,so far very happy

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recent purchase,so far very happy

Bought a 07 A6 3.0TDI Allroad from a good friend recently,full dealer history up to date 172,000kms on it ,engine ECU has been flash tuned by a respected tuner in my country and makes great power but a PPI picked up code on RH side inlet manifold,car was town driven a lot so not really surprised,parts and labour supplied but I picked up the car before parts arrived so my friend payed my local guy to do the work.
All in all rather straight forward ,inlet ports choked up causing wear in the flap bushes and resulting code from servo motor,RH complete unit changed by my guy so I got to work on the LH side and found similar wear so I installed rebuild kit with flaps ,bushes and new control linkage.
Started the car and code cleared ok ,a good result ,then found when driving home the car drove better and much less black smoke on hard throttle,real happy and no more engine light.
Sold my a4 3.0tdi yesterday so that was a bonus also ,didn't need another car around besides.
I summary the A6 isn't as dynamic to drive as the A4 being a bigger and heavier car,however still a great drive just different..