Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

the saga continues

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the saga continues

Well, just as I feared...after spending more than a week in service to have the suspension repaired...it will go back again.

They finally replaced the compressor, which NOW knocks upon start/finish cycle and is horribly loud while running.

The service manager and two techs confirmed it was "faulty" and simply said..."we'll call you" - "it should take a week or so to get the part"

No offer to schedule the appointment, nothing.

Hrm, great. Not exactly definitive.
I am no longer angry, just amazed and disappointed.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sorry to hear

After being so happy with my local dealer, I can't fathom a dealer that treats you this way. I just know my reaction wouldn't be good.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:59 AM

Default i had compressor problems

er, fat fingered, sorry

it is not life threatening to wait for the replacement. not scheduling an appointment versus scheduling and then missing the delivery date due to one thing or the other, which would **** you off more? Based on my experience sinc Aug 2001 with my AR, I would much rather wait then let them have it for any period of time unless needed. My record was 30 days in the shop (straight) while they looked for the problem why my turbos did not kick in. I would have rather had the car and waited for thepart to show up than to drive a rental hyundai sonata for 4 weeks.

It took a good 2 years to really break the car in and replace the crap that was funky (creaking steering wheel, warping rotors, turbos, squeaky heater fan, suspension compressor, radio, more rotors) now i love it and i am going to buy the lease out (last year this time i was ready to toss this POS, but now, its my pos and i love it...)

long story longer, bear with them on these things. the car works, its just a bit noisy for a time. it will get fixed and you will be happy again. promise. then something else will break and you will be back there again.

bk
Old 02-24-2004, 01:39 PM

If I were you I'd re-lease a newer one, unless you plan to buy a warranty.
Old 02-24-2004, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Time is more valuable

I value my time, and having to chase Audi all around and spend time scheduling appointments, dropping off cars, picking up rentals, etc. is not what I signed up for.

I cannot think of another car that I would want to replace the allroad - but anything that requires less overhead and constant repair would be a good place to start.

My love for automobiles remains, but loyalty to one make or model does not - if it costs me time and creates headaches.

No car should take 2-3 years of tweaking to be considered broken in. That's madness.

I appreciate your devotion to the brand, but that's more than I care to go through.
Old 02-24-2004, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I don't blame you ...

Have you investigated a buy back by Audi? or at worst a Lemon Law Claim..
Old 02-24-2004, 10:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Not sure where to begin

I am not sure where to begin the buy back, but that is where I am wanting to go at this point.

Sad thing is...I don't know with what I would want to replace the allroad.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:46 AM

Default Start by organizing your records.

1. Count the total days in the shop.
2. Count the number of attempts at the same repair
3. Consider how to impress (a judge) with the severity of the problems and the loss of use you incurred.
4. Consider how to impress a judge with the danger or potential danger you were exposed to as a result of the failures.

Those are some of the critical issues. Every state has different lemon law and merchantability guidelines, so you need to research those, for Alaska I assume.

I've had a Grand Cherokee and a Yukon XL bought back. It takes patience and perseverence, and in my case I got nowhere until the foreplay was over with (letters back and forth, me angry with their Customer Service people, etc). Once their attorneys had gone back and forth with mine and we were at the 'file it' stage, they caved.

That's pretty much how it goes down, unless Audi treats you especially nice. Is it worth it? I think so.

What would you replace your car with? A newer allroad might be great. Obviously there are good ones and bad ones - your luck may change with the next one.

Otherwise? Well, that's up to you...

Good Luck!