Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Self Leveling / ESP / ABS lights on at once ?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by p.kett
Greeting, new (May09) allroad owner here!! 2003 6sp, absolutely love it.

Had the dreaded 3 light perfecta come on, and following instructions on this forum bought 2 brake light switches at the local dealer ($10 each).

Easly job to replace, but after the first new switch, lights came back on within a few blocks. Put in second new switch, lights came back on after a few miles. They are not on all the time, hit and miss with each start

Suggestions? Possibly the clutch switch?? Do codes need to be cleared?
Problem turned out to be R F speed sensor, it was covered with grease. After cleaning, trifecta is no more
Old 08-09-2010, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Don't know if will help anyone, but my trifecta is independent of precipitation. Lately it has happened only when it is warm (we live in the Reno area, and it is hot right now).
Old 08-10-2010, 07:44 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by allroad04
....I noticed as well my cruise control no longer works, Just wondering if any of you guys experience this?

thx
That is almost always either related to your stalk on the steering column or the cruise control module up under the dash behind the glove box.
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com
Old 08-10-2010, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default WHICH part number is correct?

OK. Did the diagnosis. The ABS comes up with an intermittent stop light switch as the code. So, I looked up the new p/n posted in this thread: 1K2945511NAR.

I find this part at GenuineVWAudiParts for about three bucks. No picture. Then I went to the Europa site, and there I find they list the correct p/n as 1K945511, with no suffix. They want $26 for this part, plus shipping. And they have a picture, which looks like the right part. GenuineVWAudi does not list the part without the suffix NAR, and none of the other places list a part with the suffix.

My local independent shop cannot find the NAR suffix part on any listing, and they confirm the $25-$26 price. Haven't gone to the dealer yet (here in Reno is is a Mitsubishi dealer that just bought the Audi franchise from Lithia, ugh).

Can these both really be the same part?

2003 All-Road, 2.7T
Old 08-11-2010, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

thx for the reply gents! Oddly enough all warning lights came off and cruise control now works! I stomped on the brake a couple of times until the rear bake finally went on, I did notice it would get stuck a little but now everything works. So after careful deliberation I concur that it is plausible that is the brake light/pedal switch.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:50 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by Aspengoldbear
OK. Did the diagnosis. The ABS comes up with an intermittent stop light switch as the code. So, I looked up the new p/n posted in this thread: 1K2945511NAR.

I find this part at GenuineVWAudiParts for about three bucks. No picture. Then I went to the Europa site, and there I find they list the correct p/n as 1K945511, with no suffix. They want $26 for this part, plus shipping. And they have a picture, which looks like the right part. GenuineVWAudi does not list the part without the suffix NAR, and none of the other places list a part with the suffix.

My local independent shop cannot find the NAR suffix part on any listing, and they confirm the $25-$26 price. Haven't gone to the dealer yet (here in Reno is is a Mitsubishi dealer that just bought the Audi franchise from Lithia, ugh).

Can these both really be the same part?

2003 All-Road, 2.7T
There was a part supercession- possibly why no one else can find 1K2945511NAR. We have the superseded part with a photo if you want to compare notes.
Phone: 1.800.924.5172 - Sales: 8:30am to MIDNIGHT EST | Customer Service 8:30am - 8pm EST
Questions? PM us for a quick response! | Email: Pete@ecstuning.com