Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

And so it ends...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And so it ends...

After nearly 3 solid months of struggling with an ailing allroad, the FOM from AoA has sent the request to repurchase up to the corporate office.

I've requested they also take the $2000+ of accessories added to the car during its short life with me.

The final word was promised for Friday of this week. With any luck, the AoA representative will hold true to his word and deliver on his promise.

Sadly, having been burned 2 of 3 times with Audi/VW products - they have lost my business forever. I respect their willingness to own up to the issues and repurchase. That said, it's never worth the pain. I would trade function and reliability over sheer "cool factor" any day.

I suppose being "unique" has a price -
Old 03-17-2004, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A new begining...

AoA will sometimes... if pushed... refund all your payments/interest and NOT charge you for the miles you did. Given the time and severity you can ask for this. The FOM may not have the power for this himself, but go a touch higher an you will get it.

Howerver... they are willing to do a buy back with out you having to take another Audi? I have never heard of this... For your sake I hope they do...if that is what you want.

Good Luck!!
Old 03-17-2004, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Burned, lost business bitter end

Alaska, if AoA buys your car back, I respect them deeply for making things right. Not all car companies would do the same without a lawyer. I know someone who took that route to get out of a lemon Land Cruiser from Toyota. Toyota doesn't like to give up on a sale, and even Toyota makes loser vehicles. BTW, he bought a Lexus Land Cruiser 2 years later, loved it.

You should be lost business forever to the firms that burn you by not buying a car back. What else would you have done if you were AoA (at this point)?
Old 03-17-2004, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I agree ... (droning on too long - as usual)

...good riddance to that thing. You do not deserve to have to suffer through 1/2 of what you have, let alone all of it. Once you're poisoned on something, almost nothing works to bring back the original desire (think about all those Ex's out there).

I'm sorry that it was the allroad that turned out to be the pit in your olive. I'm very excited by this automobile, as are a lot of other folks running around the board. You were trusting and interested enough to once again vote 'Audi' with your car-buying dollar, and the particular version of the product you chose let you down. A shame.

I'm glad that Audi is starting to step up to the plate to restore your investment, but - like you said - this has soured you on the Audi line forever more. They've lost a customer for good.

This will happen - it's almost a rule in manufacturing. Despite enormous levels of quality control, Dreck slips through. The world still spins. People still buy cars.

The real shame is that - even if all of your allroad woes could magically be attributed to one thing (oh, I dunno, like an ECU), the experience has had its way with you, and your mind is unchangeable.

That's completely understandable.

The 'uniqueness' that the allroad offers the auto-buying market (including the incredible amount of complexity and technology blended in) is probably one if it's few Achilles' heels. I had often thought similarly about the NSX. It was different enough to offer its exotic qualities as desirable traits, but that those same traits worked against it when it came time to buying parts of it in the backwoods that is Saint Louis. Or trying to repair and maintain it appropriately, for that matter.

Personally, I would think that Alaska might be a funny place to try and maintain a car with 'unique' aspects to it, rather, would sacrifice uniqueness' for the ability to support it in a manner that was not too terribly expensive. (Of course, I my be full of ****, because I also like full sized trucks, and think the new F-150 and it's ilk would make blindingly good choices for you).

Anyway, I wish you well - today's world is full of wonderful and capable automobiles... there are many incredible ones to chose from, and I am certain you will find something that works the way it should for you, as well as delights all of your senses the way the allroad was designed to (but ultimately didn't). The people that I REALLY feel sorry for are the ones who drive these remarkable machines and are completely oblivious to everything that goes into them - and thereby cannot appreciate the good, the bad and the ugly.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I had a lemon before...

it was a 2001 audi allroad which had as many problems as yours did. aoa took it back without any problems, refunded all of my money (tax, down payment even for tires) if fact it took them only three days to decide. i love the way they treat their customers and that is the reason i leased a 2003 allroad. what works for me may not work for you, but for me it's the confidence that i have in audi.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default My intentions are clear.

I would like a full refund - not another Audi.

I asked for them to buy the accessories, but understand if they are not interested in the items that can be easily removed.
(They must buy the hitch)

If they want to fight, I have attorney and Alaska statutes clearly in my corner. (I doubt it comes to this.)

It is respectable of them to gracefully let the customer out of the deal - this changes nothing when it comes to MY history with VW/Audi.

Respectable or otherwise, sadly their products do not work for me. I will miss quattro.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I know of an Alpaka Beige 6Spd in Alaska...

Anyone want to wait for a few weeks while they "repair" a low mileage allroad?

I'm sure they can make you a great deal!

;/
Old 03-17-2004, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Amen!
Old 03-18-2004, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default If they want to ship it to Chicago, I'll look at it.

Hell, I used to drive Alfa Romeo. How bad could it be?