Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

time to put my money where my mouth is...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time to put my money where my mouth is...

ok, so i've sung the praises of mohegan lake audi in the past, now it's time to see how well it goes for me...

last sizeable snow in nyc (18 jan) i had to go to the wake of a friend's father and as i was driving out to long island i notice the right wiper wasn't doing such a bang-up job.
at first i thought it was just a typical bad wiper design issue but when i pulled off for gas i noticed the plastic clip at the end was missing and the two pieces of metal were flapping free of the rubber.
(where i stopped was down the road form anchor audi on long island. i stopped in and asked if they could help or had a wiper blade. nada.. frankly, i've never felt so unwanted in my life - not a good reflection on audi)
uh-oh.
used a twistie to hold everything together which worked well until i went to move the car later that night after the snow had dried off and i noticed, horrors, a perfect arc scratched into the windshield.
drove up to mohegan lake the next day - they promptly replaced my wipers, scratched their heads, pondered, and said 'they would make this right'.
knowing i had an apt. for the 10th (my anniversary no less) to take care of the recall and a broken 'am' button the radio (hey, i can't live without my 'wait wait don't tell me') they said they'd have their window guy work on the windshield. if it couldn't be buffed out to my satisfaction they'd replace at audi's expense since it was cause by a warranty part failing and not because of environment or negligence.
in any case let's see what happens.
i'm optimistic but will give a full report.

however...
my girlfriend bought me for my birthday (two days before the scratched window debacle) a set of black h.sport bars (good girlfriend, no wonder i can remember our anniversary).
would love to get them installed - asked mohegan and they shied away from it (understandable) so i'm looking for someone in the nyc/westchester (possibly as far as danbury) area that people recommend for getting these things fitted.
any advice/experience would be greatly appreciated (yes i want to pay someone to do it, i may trust myself wrenching on my c40 but i've worked on bikes my whole life, cars, that's a different story).

too found an odd bit about the allroad on c|net of all places.
c|net?!?

thanks,
n/ick<ul><li><a href="http://www.cnet.com/4520-7967_1-5118048-4.html?tag=iframe">audi's ups and downs? c'mon... (explination of the new tt transmisison on the next page)</a></li></ul>
Old 02-09-2004, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Call mike at tyrol sport...

just over the Throgs Neck Bridge in Queens
see my sig.. below..

He is that good and that likeable...
Old 02-09-2004, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Call mike at tyrol sport...

yeah have been noticing your sig.
was meaning to send a note asking about them.
my grandparens lived college point so i am somewhat familiar with the area...
thanks for the response!
n/ick
Old 02-09-2004, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Call mike at tyrol sport...

He is doing a stage 3 mod to my sons GTI...he lives and breathes VW/Audi...in his sleep.
He is what happens to guys who get their MBA's and then go after their dreams.....
Old 02-09-2004, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Had the same experience with the wiper. Dealer

said they would try to buff it out at next service call. They stated that Audi would not agree to replace windshield since external elements could have caused the clip to break. I showed them where the wiper was too long and the end of the wiper was hitting the windshield trim. The new wiper is shorter than the one that broke. At the 20k service I will have them buff the windshield and take it from there. So much slop on the roads can't see the scratches through the dirt, so no rush.