Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Tired of waiting.....decision is made....8^)..long rant

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 07:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tired of waiting.....decision is made....8^)..long rant

My ar went into the dealer on Tuesday to have the warranty company inspector check/verify the need for new turbos. It was supposed to be back by the next day. They did not show up till today. Came in, put the ar on a rack, removed the belly pan, snapped some pics,and left. Service rep, as well as myself, do not have a clue on what is going on. Have no idea when they will be getting back with us. Car is still there waiting for the decision per their instructions. If they are going to take as long or longer to decide, I'm not waiting. Also double checked to ensure that the problem was not something simple like a leaky banjo fitting.

Now for the happy ending.......New O.CT RS4 K04's are shipping this weekend. Monday the ECM and TCM are being pulled and shipped to Stratmosphere for some O.CT doritos (been wanting to do this for a long while). Hopefully by next Friday, I will have my baby back and will see what all of you with doritos have been raving about.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default [falls off seat] - RS4 K04s! Holy *%^#@$!

Are you the first allroader to preform this surgery? Can't wait to hear the details.

I'm sure you have a big grin right now.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

If you tell me this will be a warrenty job, I'll be in line to have it done.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:48 PM

Won't you need the chip to go with the K04's?
Old 04-11-2003, 08:54 PM

Default Re: [falls off seat] - RS4 K04s! Holy *%^#@$!

This is the way they are listed on the vendor site in their kits and am making the assumption that this is so for mine. If I have misread it, then I apologize. But they are definetly K04's. Am really sych'ed about it but not about the circumstances behind me making this decision at this time. Now I can't wait to be able to drive this setup and see how big of a grin I will have.

Think I may be the first ar Tip but definetly not the first ar. Stratmosphere already has an '03 6 spd where I am getting the parts and chips from. I will definetly keep everyone posted and try to get some pics. I will try to stop in after work to atleast document a little of it.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default so your going to pay for a bunch of stuff/work, vs getting the turbos replaced under warranty?

Is your service guy going to do the labor per the warranty or no?

Also a call to AOA should be enough. Must be an aftermarket warranty because I'm missing something
Old 04-11-2003, 08:58 PM

Default Truely wish it was....it is coming out of my pocket.

Just tired of waiting around for the warranty company. Waited a week and a half for the appointment so they could take pics and they were 3 days late in showing up. So far it is a total of two and half weeks since the problem was found just for them to take a look.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:34 PM

Default Yep, aftermarket warranty and it will not be done under warranty. I could wait but for how long..

There were a number of reasons for my decision. Not the least of which I have already listed which was the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. Sure, I could wait to see if the warranty will cover and put OEM in at no cost. It is not a definate but they probably will. Just a question of when.

I have the opportunity to upgrade to something better and is something I have been thinking about for a long while. And since my better half is recovering from her operation, I have use of her car (could not afford the down time for chips till now) -- dealer does not have a loaner available for me. Ever since I've been driving, I've always wanted to hook-up my cars but never had the funds. Now I do and have an excellant car to do it with. So I now have the opportunity, the funds, and the desire all at one time. Then there are the Stoptech and PSK swaybar mods I have already done prep'ing my ar for this.

Some may not understand or disagree with my reasoning, I respect that. Others may see my logic. Either way, I am going to enjoy the h#*@ out of this. 8^)
Old 04-11-2003, 09:45 PM

Default O.CT ECM and O.CT TCM will be done at the same time

It is the first thing that the dealer is going to do. They will pull the chips and ship to Stratmosphere and then start with the turbos. Should have them back by the time the dealer finishes the turbo install (roughly a 2 day job). Bob at Stratmosphere will be shipping the turbos tomorrow and the chips get shipped Monday since the car is still at the dealer (has been since Tuesday).
Old 04-12-2003, 05:28 AM

Default I didn't think you could do K04's with a Tip.....

I thought the tip transmission in the allroad and B5 S4 was pretty well maxed out and could only handle a very minor torque increase? Unfortunately, the 2.7T engine gets mated with the tip from lesser engined cars and does not have the beefed up unit used with the V8 engine. I have heard that to do a tip car with a K04 kit the transmission has to be significantly upgraded much more than a simple transmission chip.

Quick Reply: Tired of waiting.....decision is made....8^)..long rant