Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tri State Drivers at Lime Rock

I'm posting and helping a friend...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ok guys-
This is going to be a good test for those who are interested in REAL performance vs. those who prefer to keep their skirts on and meet in a parking lot.

Performance Drivers Association is hold two events at Lime Rock Park in CT. About a 1:45 drive from the NYC area. The first event is on THURSDAY, March 25, and the 2nd event is on FRIDAY, April 9. It will be $200 for the day. This will give you (4) 25-30 minute track sessions, with a personal instructor who will ride in your car. By the end of the day, if your instructor believes you have the skill, you will be out there on the track by yourself, with no speed limit.

Your car must pass a simple tech inspection. No completely worn tires, no windshield cracks, working seat belts and safety equipment, no leaks, and all engine compartment items well fastened. Other than that, you should be good to go.

Rather than renting a track for the day, I think it would be a good idea to piggyback onto another clubs' event until we have enough mass to rent a track on our own. All types of vehicles will be present. I would love if we can have a good VW/Audi showing. I will personally be at both events. If you are interested, go to the following website, and register for the events:

http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/pages/registration1.htm

-Mike P

Modified by tyrolkid at 4:23 PM 2-1-2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<b>
http://www.tyrolsport.com
We are a full-line ATP dealer
Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulators for ALL VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda
Drop-in fuel pump for all ALL VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda mk4 chassis
</b>
-------------------------------<ul><li><a href="http://www.pdadrivingschool.com/pages/registration1.htm">Tri State Audi/VW Drivers at Lime ROck</a></li></ul>
Old 02-04-2004, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lime Rock is a fun, tight track. Last time I was there, the instructor gave us a one lap intro and

then let us loose. Sure would like to go again, if I can make the time.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Lime Rock is an excellent track

But I might commit heresey and bring my 98 Prelude instead of the ar, only because it's a better "track" car.

Lets keep this thread alive - it'd be great to all get together.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Mike @ tyrol sport...

...is hosting this one with PDA. Mike is the NY Audi-VW mechanical guru my son and I have been using. He is quite an entreprenure too.. these two sessions are limited to VW/Audi.

I'm signing up for my son and his GTI...which by the time this event comes up will be pushing over 300HP, limited slip, Front Mount Intercooler, New Turbo, injectors.. etc. (and we thought we had warranty problems with only a chip.) He has to learn how to handle the power before he can take full advantage of it. (electronic limits are great)

I will be there for April..(Good Friday) It would be great to meet some of you. And let us older fxrts show these youger kids a few things...
Old 02-04-2004, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default How do you propose we (old farts) show anything when we can't even keep up on the long straights?

By the time we get around the Big Bend, your son will be long gone!
Old 02-04-2004, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's not a race....

It;s all about technique and learning. There is no racing allowed with this stuff. Just how to handle the twisties and our cars
Old 02-04-2004, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default very interested..

i was looking into the northeast quattro club event but this seems to be on par. be great to have a little north east ar meet. will have to check my schedule.