Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Warning lights -sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning lights -sometimes

Hey, has anyone had this problem?

Sometimes, often recently after engine startup, but after "OK" in the fis system, the ESP and Height Adjustment warning lights come on. Typically a few seconds after i start driving.

They do not blink, they just stay on. If I stop the engine, and restart, they are gone. No sound signal either, and no animations on the fis screen

IŽve had no other issues with the compressor/air suspension, and the car sits level.
What could this be?

HaveŽnt had time to do a vag-com checkup yet, just wanted to hear if anyone else has had this?

Thanks! Joergen
Old 09-16-2011, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by joenok
Hey, has anyone had this problem?

Sometimes, often recently after engine startup, but after "OK" in the fis system, the ESP and Height Adjustment warning lights come on. Typically a few seconds after i start driving.

They do not blink, they just stay on. If I stop the engine, and restart, they are gone. No sound signal either, and no animations on the fis screen

IŽve had no other issues with the compressor/air suspension, and the car sits level.
What could this be?

HaveŽnt had time to do a vag-com checkup yet, just wanted to hear if anyone else has had this?

Thanks! Joergen
Sounds like compressor or valve block.
After you start up engine, the compressor activates annoyingly for few minuite until the suspension warning lamp lights up?
i had same problem before.
Probably the compressor is getting weak.
The time to go Wabco?

BTW i didn't replace it, but i supplied air tool oil a bit, then problem had fixied.
However supplying air tool oil seems to be strictly prohibited by everyone in this forum.
i have done this more than one year around one time per two month without any problem.
i don't recommend it because my friend got the problem on the valve block by supplying oil.
Thanks.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

hi allroad55!

If the compressor kicked in, the level marker in the dash would be blinking, right? The green marker does not blink.

I read something in the manual about warning light in the dash if the car was parked in an unusual angle. I suppose a vag-com check would give me more hints to whatŽs going on.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by joenok
hi allroad55!

If the compressor kicked in, the level marker in the dash would be blinking, right? The green marker does not blink.

I read something in the manual about warning light in the dash if the car was parked in an unusual angle. I suppose a vag-com check would give me more hints to whatŽs going on.
Hi joenok!

If we push the level up button in the dash, the level marker green led would be always blinking until the car would reach to the higher level.

However even if the compressor was activated to keep the current height level or appropriate air tank pressure, the level marker would NOT always be blinking.
i think this is quite similar situation to the case of the compressore activates shortly during we driving around the street.
But the sometimes the level marker would be blinking when the car could not keep the level or pressure in the tank and obviously the car must be moved up or the level must be controlled.

If you encounter the compressor activateing so frequently,
and sudden lighting up the level control warning during drinving or after starting car, i bet the compressor has shot!
Please never quart air tool oil to the compressor.
But im...

Belows are the codes pulled by vag-com last year before my quarting oil to the compressor.

4 Faults Found:
01400 - Suspension Level Control
11-10 - Control Limit Not Reached - Intermittent
01577 - Turn-Off due to Over-Temp
35-10 - - - Intermittent
01772 - Signal from Level Control Pressure Sensor (G291)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
01575 - Control Switched Off
35-00 - -
Old 09-17-2011, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Search in the ABS system Fault codes. Height system and ESP systems based on the ABS system.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks, guys. IŽll be checking my fault codes within a few days, iŽll get back to this then.