Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Premium Plus v. Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Premium Plus v. Prestige

A post by LavaGrau A3 in another thread made clear that the "Full Leather Pkg" in Prestige included a better quality leather and a lot more leather, including the dash. Some of the pictures of the e-Tron in other threads actually show a stitched leather dash. While these cars have been European Spec, I'm presuming that this is part of the US-spec "full leather package". I know we haven't seen a US-Spec car, yet, but is that also the understanding of others? The full leather package in my X5 40e really raises the feel of quality in the vehicle, so I may conclude it's worth the extra cost of the Prestige spec.

Also, I've seen some mention of the e-Tron having acoustic side glass in threads here, but I can't find any mention of it in the e-Tron spec or package descriptions. Can anyone shed light on whether acoustic side glass is included in the Prestige or Premium Plus specs? I came on board after the "Launch Editions" were offered, so perhaps acoustic glass was exclusive to the launch editions?

It appears that after mid-year builds, one will be able to "add" Prestige features to the Premium Plus spec for a cost, after sale. Speculation is that all of these features will be pre-installed on all the e-Tron models and be added by firmware change. I presume that must include the radar module. What about the HUD module? It could be that some of these Prestige features require some easy dealer-added hardware, like the radar module, if the pre-wiring is there. I really don't think I'd find much use for the adaptive cruise control, but I've found that the HUD is useful. Buying these a la carte is attractive, unless the pricing is such that one would have been smarter to have ordered the whole menu at the start. I "lock" at the end of March, so there isn't time to wait and see on these things.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

The pics I posted from the etron event had a premium plus with leather stitched dash - but they also said it wasn’t street legal and was a euro spec. So... who knows. On t other topic. One of the reasons I (somewhat hastily) purchased a new Audi recently was the driver assistance package. I never thought I’d say I wanted a quasi self driving car... but after driving a loaner recently, I was sold.

in the order sheet acoustic glass is only on Prestige.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

^^^Thanks, BlackOptic. Tough to quibble with someone who speaks from experience. I'll go back and try to find the "acoustic glass" in the Prestige list of features. Looks like the Prestige will be the way to go, for me. I haven't seen an "order sheet", unless you are referring to what's on the General e-Tron site. I am intimately familiar with the very detailed BMW order sheets. Is there an Audi equivalent?

Last edited by ted99; 03-10-2019 at 11:34 AM. Reason: add'l info
Old 03-10-2019, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by ted99
^^^Thanks, BlackOptic. Tough to quibble with someone who speaks from experience. I'll go back and try to find the "acoustic glass" in the Prestige list of features. Looks like the Prestige will be the way to go, for me. I haven't seen an "order sheet", unless you are referring to what's on the General e-Tron site. I am intimately familiar with the very detailed BMW order sheets. Is there an Audi equivalent?

Old 03-10-2019, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

That's very useful--also a good eye test, but I can read it. Thanks very much.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Didn't mean to make you strain. In my browser I can click the page and zoom in. Let me know if you need it posted larger.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

The order guide was posted in PDF form in this thread if you want to see it clearly, https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...guide-2961135/
Old 03-11-2019, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks LavaGrau A3 and alexlear. Both solutions worked. I've changed my build to Prestige and Siam Beige, based on the information provided on this site.