Audi e-Tron GT Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron GT

Turning off traffic sign recognition warning alarm

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 11:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turning off traffic sign recognition warning alarm

It's very distracting when the traffic sign recognition feature starts alarming at speeds above the posted limit. Even after I deactivate it via MMI, the alarm becomes active again the next time I start the car. Is this a glitch in just my vehicle, or is it universal? If the latter, has anyone discovered a way to keep it deactivated; or, at the least, turn off the audible warning?
Old 12-03-2023, 10:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your condition is not normal - I've seen a 'speed warning' or whatever the complication is called in my MMI but have not touched it. It was not active when I got it
Old 12-04-2023, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 545 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by BurrRunner
It's very distracting when the traffic sign recognition feature starts alarming at speeds above the posted limit. Even after I deactivate it via MMI, the alarm becomes active again the next time I start the car. Is this a glitch in just my vehicle, or is it universal? If the latter, has anyone discovered a way to keep it deactivated; or, at the least, turn off the audible warning?
I wonder it that is a setting that should be saved in your User Profile.
Old 12-08-2023, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Good morning, I believe that this is now a standard "feature" on the 2024 Model, @BurrRunner Is your vehicle a 2024? I am a Sales associate at an Audi Store, and have a client with this very same "Issue".
Old 12-08-2023, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,068 Likes on 742 Posts

The EU made ISA (Intelligent speed assistance) mandatory as of 2022 for newly introduced vehicles and it's gonna be mandatory on all vehicles starting in 2024. I would have expected that they don't force this on other markets where it isn't mandatory and offer an option to turn it off, but the USA also wants to make this technology mandatory. Maybe Audi is just getting a head start. Basically moving forward, at least in the EU, new cars will warn drivers whenever they exceed the speed limit and it can't be turned off anymore. More details at the link below. There are 4 options for how these systems are required to work. Cascaded acoustic warning is one of them.

https://road-safety-charter.ec.europ...ndatory-across
Old 12-08-2023, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 545 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
The EU made ISA (Intelligent speed assistance) mandatory as of 2022 for newly introduced vehicles and it's gonna be mandatory on all vehicles starting in 2024. I would have expected that they don't force this on other markets where it isn't mandatory and offer an option to turn it off, but the USA also wants to make this technology mandatory. Maybe Audi is just getting a head start. Basically moving forward, at least in the EU, new cars will warn drivers whenever they exceed the speed limit and it can't be turned off anymore. More details at the link below. There are 4 options for how these systems are required to work. Cascaded acoustic warning is one of them.

https://road-safety-charter.ec.europ...ndatory-across
If this happens in the US I can see a new cottage industry developing!
Old 12-10-2023, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I understand this is a universal glitch in new cars and that Audi knows about it. There are settings in the MMI for you to save, but they do not work as intended. Therefore every time you get in the car, you need to hit like 6 entries to disable. According to our dealer, Audi is working on the fix. You are not going crazy....

It is incredibly annoying. No way I would have bought the car if I knew it had this
Old 12-14-2023, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mdwac
I understand this is a universal glitch in new cars and that Audi knows about it. There are settings in the MMI for you to save, but they do not work as intended. Therefore every time you get in the car, you need to hit like 6 entries to disable. According to our dealer, Audi is working on the fix. You are not going crazy....

It is incredibly annoying. No way I would have bought the car if I knew it had this
I’m glad it’s not just me. I was making myself crazy trying to figure it out. It is VERY annoying. (I have a 2024 GT)

Am I understanding correctly that Audi is working on a fix?
Old 12-14-2023, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,068 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by gerryw4
I’m glad it’s not just me. I was making myself crazy trying to figure it out. It is VERY annoying. (I have a 2024 GT)

Am I understanding correctly that Audi is working on a fix?
Considering that Audi still hasn't fixed numerous other known MMI bugs for years, I wouldn't keep my hopes up for a fix anytime soon, especially not if it doesn't actually affect the drivability. On the contrary, it may keep people from speeding, so depending on the perspective it's more of a feature than a bug.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I've set the Driver Assistance menu as a favorite to reduce the number of clicks required to disable this "feature" but is still an exceptionally bad experience.

Quick Reply: Turning off traffic sign recognition warning alarm