Audi e-Tron GT Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-Tron GT

Turning off traffic sign recognition warning alarm

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2024, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdwac
I understand this is a universal glitch in new cars and that Audi knows about it. There are settings in the MMI for you to save, but they do not work as intended. Therefore every time you get in the car, you need to hit like 6 entries to disable. According to our dealer, Audi is working on the fix. You are not going crazy....

It is incredibly annoying. No way I would have bought the car if I knew it had this
Who’s your dealer? That’s absolute rubbish. This is not a glitch but a new mandatory “feature”. It’s absolutely infuriating, I agree.
Old 02-20-2024, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 548 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by benski2103
Who’s your dealer? That’s absolute rubbish. This is not a glitch but a new mandatory “feature”. It’s absolutely infuriating, I agree.
Yes, place the blame where the blame is due!
Old 02-27-2024, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BurrRunner
It's very distracting when the traffic sign recognition feature starts alarming at speeds above the posted limit. Even after I deactivate it via MMI, the alarm becomes active again the next time I start the car. Is this a glitch in just my vehicle, or is it universal? If the latter, has anyone discovered a way to keep it deactivated; or, at the least, turn off the audible warning?
tier 2 tech support at audi said there is a service bulletin on it called "traffic sign speed warning being turned on after an ignition cycle is 2072530/1" and if you bring it in for service they can fix it. i have only made my RS etron gt for 4 days and tons of little issues like this. mine won't remember the drive mode, won't let me access alexa or the store, won't connect to verizon, the soft reset doesn't work, etc.
The following users liked this post:
gerryw4 (03-04-2024)
Old 02-27-2024, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 548 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by friedmike
tier 2 tech support at audi said there is a service bulletin on it called "traffic sign speed warning being turned on after an ignition cycle is 2072530/1" and if you bring it in for service they can fix it. i have only made my RS etron gt for 4 days and tons of little issues like this. mine won't remember the drive mode, won't let me access alexa or the store, won't connect to verizon, the soft reset doesn't work, etc.
Is your Trial Audi Connect Plus subscription active? You can check the in your Profile page in the MyAudi app.
Old 02-27-2024, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

yup - my subscription is active and they verified my key user profile is setup correctly. i think i probably need a soft and a hard reset and that it may do the trick, but thus far my vehicle won't respond to either procedure. maybe i need to pull the fuse. i also have frustrating nonsense where carplay takes over the radio any time i try to switch from carplay to the radio. impossible to listen to radio without disabling carplay.
Old 02-27-2024, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup - my subscription is active and they verified my key user profile is setup correctly. i think i probably need a soft and a hard reset and that it may do the trick, but thus far my vehicle won't respond to either procedure. maybe i need to pull the fuse. i also have frustrating nonsense where carplay takes over the radio any time i try to switch from carplay to the radio. impossible to listen to radio without disabling carplay.
I have every issue you are describing as well. 2024 RS e-tron GT.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by marklar182
I have every issue you are describing as well. 2024 RS e-tron GT.
have you found anything that works? Last night support sent me an email that I need to make sure I have 4 bars of service. I swear they are just throwing crap at the wall at this point.
Old 02-28-2024, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No solution yet. I am going to ask for the Traffic sign patch.. again.

As for the drive mode, the manual says that it will default to comfort each ignition cycle. No getting around that one.

But I do have the store issue, and the car play fighting me and over ruling if I select radio or Sirius.
Old 02-28-2024, 06:28 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 145 Likes on 103 Posts

i also have frustrating nonsense where carplay takes over the radio any time i try to switch from carplay to the radio. impossible to listen to radio without disabling carplay.
This has been my experience with every Audi I've owned with wireless carplay, including my current S5. No updates have fixed this issue for me. I've resorted to disabling wifi as a solution since I listen to siriusXM almost exclusively. Definitely frustrating.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by marklar182
No solution yet. I am going to ask for the Traffic sign patch.. again.

As for the drive mode, the manual says that it will default to comfort each ignition cycle. No getting around that one.

But I do have the store issue, and the car play fighting me and over ruling if I select radio or Sirius.
my dealer is picking up the car friday to do the traffic sign patch and to address the soft reset procedure. they say they will look into the connectivity issues as well, but i have low expectations.
The following users liked this post:
marklar182 (02-28-2024)

Quick Reply: Turning off traffic sign recognition warning alarm