Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Got a ticket. Mounted front plate without screws.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2020, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 691 Likes on 502 Posts

Wow, is that the first time this forum has been moderated? Wish I had seen what finally triggered the moderator :-)

Anyway, In DC they claim that the front license plate requirement helps with traffic cam recognition and such. But as mentioned before, the Tesla's see to do just fine without it. My old FL registered S6 never had a problem driving with its one plate.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by A4 Phil
Wow, is that the first time this forum has been moderated? Wish I had seen what finally triggered the moderator :-)

Anyway, In DC they claim that the front license plate requirement helps with traffic cam recognition and such. But as mentioned before, the Tesla's see to do just fine without it. My old FL registered S6 never had a problem driving with its one plate.
The forums get moderated if someone reports a post and it is determined to be inappropriate. We don't go looking for problems
The following users liked this post:
RAudi Driver (07-13-2022)
Old 10-02-2020, 09:52 AM
BW5
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 82 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by A4 Phil

I've been watching fairly closely and I didn't see anything inappropriate really... just some grumbling about a particular location being a bit strict, and it had the potential of developing into something...but what I saw folks were self controlling it with bitten lip...

The one post that jumped at me was the report of someone form out of state getting a ticket. I certainly hope that was an oversite and that it was thrown out....
Old 10-02-2020, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Brooklyn
Digging up this old post in hopes the OP is still tracking it. Any issues with the holder flapping around without the bottom being secured? I’m leaning towards doing this on the wife’s e-Tron but not being able to secure the bottom has me worried.
No problems whatsoever. Nice and secure with no vibration or flapping.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really don't see the point of going through all this effort. You're still displaying the plates. It's just a heck of a lot easier to have your dealer drill the holes and mount it properly. It will have $0 impact on your resale
Old 06-22-2022, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Necro bump, this is great, thank you!

I'm also going to use some 3M VHB tape so it's not bouncing around (plate holder contacts the vertical parts that run through it), but I'm contemplating leaving it off till I get a ticket. Knock on Volcano Gray Ash Natural Wood.
Old 06-23-2022, 02:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I also live in a state (NY) where front plates are required. Is there a tow hitch bracket on the etron front bumper for a license plate bracket. I had it on all my other Audi's
Old 06-23-2022, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Ahhhh found it!!!!

no issues with sensors or anything with the bracket
The following 2 users liked this post by Jjc23:
Cesarn (01-12-2024), R3Wood (03-18-2023)
Old 06-23-2022, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks good, offset plate not for me though.
Old 07-13-2022, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Spencer518
I really don't see the point of going through all this effort. You're still displaying the plates. It's just a heck of a lot easier to have your dealer drill the holes and mount it properly. It will have $0 impact on your resale
I have to disagree with that. If sold private party, you'll be able to extract your asking if all ducks are in a perfect row. I'll never out mine on. In fact none of my cars have a front plate.

Quick Reply: Got a ticket. Mounted front plate without screws.