Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

UK: Is anyone being hit by crazy insurance hikes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2023, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mtberman
Yep, I contacted my preferred shop on March 30 and their next available space was June 22. I said Yes and they honored it. It sounded outrageous at the time, until I called around and everyone was booking 90+ days out. Suddenly June 22 looked great.
Damn I guess thats the benefit of being in LA/Metro, there is so many shops and none would take this long. Is insurance supplying a car in the meantime atleast?
Old 10-07-2023, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by geeplus
Damn I guess thats the benefit of being in LA/Metro, there is so many shops and none would take this long. Is insurance supplying a car in the meantime atleast?
Hahhaha I have seen them SoCal repair jobs. You can spot them from across the block they are so bad. Looks like they use expanding foam for body filler and rattle can paint.
Old 10-13-2023, 11:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I’m in SoCal as well, with AAA bundled (home, auto & umbrella). Currently, we’re paying $2400/yr for our e-tron S.

That’s with $500k/$500k coverage because AAA requires that if you have umbrella policy. We also drive around 15k miles a year.
Old 10-14-2023, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 699 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Rex06
I’m in SoCal as well, with AAA bundled (home, auto & umbrella). Currently, we’re paying $2400/yr for our e-tron S.

That’s with $500k/$500k coverage because AAA requires that if you have umbrella policy. We also drive around 15k miles a year.
Ouch. What is the deductible on that? Does that also cover replacement value? That seems outrageous though Southern California stopped surprising me years ago.
Old 10-14-2023, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A4 Phil
Ouch. What is the deductible on that? Does that also cover replacement value? That seems outrageous though Southern California stopped surprising me years ago.
That’s with $500 deductible. Clean driving records for both my wife and I. We’re in our late 40s. On the contrary, my GT4 costs $1400/yr with the same coverage.
Old 10-18-2023, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Found insurance with Admiral

Follow up to my original post to start the thread. I'm in the UK and the next day I got a letter from my insurer Direct Line saying that they would not be offering to renew my policy. I managed to find cover with Admiral for £850 which I thought wasn't too bad in the end but who knows what will happen next year...

Fully agree with the comments that manufacturers need to start taking responsibility for making cars easier to repair
Old 11-13-2023, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 548 Likes on 407 Posts

I got an email from AFS that is promoting "Liberty Mutual Car Insurance" for the etron. When I checked the on-line estimator, the claim from LM was that my premiium would be $300 less than I am paying for my State Farm policy (which is about $2K!). Has anyone had experience with LM and in particular with their policies for etrons?
Old 11-13-2023, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 152 Likes on 107 Posts

Here's one rating service, 4.5 stars vs State Farm 5, and some data. Other than the Emu ads, probably worth a look. I have SF, too, but my alma mater keeps pushing LM.
https://www.nerdwallet.com/p/reviews...auto-insurance
Old 11-13-2023, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 140 Likes on 102 Posts

No experience with Liberty Mutual, but State Farm is expensive. I dumped State Farm years ago for AAA.
Old 12-02-2023, 10:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 140 Likes on 102 Posts

My auto insurance renews every year in mid December. I just got the renewal for the next 12 months, and it increased by $441. I have two cars on the policy, and I suspected that the etron is the culprit, but I couldn't tell by looking in my account online so I called AAA and, yeah, it's the etron. The insurance cost for the other vehicle went down slightly. I don't know who I should thank here, those who suck at driving and wreck cars from time to time, those who are bad luck magnets and poor drivers like to run into them, the insurance companies for price gouging because they are nervous about EV's eating into their profits, or Audi for building cars that incur a 5 figure repair cost if you breathe on them wrong. I just went from paying about $140/mo for the etron to about $190. That's about a 36% increase, and I didn't do anything to make the rates go up other than own an EV. I'm tired of this game. No matter which company you go with, the rates always seem to creep up over time. It will get to the point where you are being overcharged and you have to go somewhere else. I'm going to have to get quotes from some other insurers.... again.

Quick Reply: UK: Is anyone being hit by crazy insurance hikes?