Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Any tips for dropping off in Nice, France?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any tips for dropping off in Nice, France?

Hello again. In my first post, I mentioned the wife and I are picking up her Q5 next month. We're going to drop it off in Nice 2 weeks later. Anyone have tips for dropping off in Nice?
Old 06-01-2013, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Q5forWife
Hello again. In my first post, I mentioned the wife and I are picking up her Q5 next month. We're going to drop it off in Nice 2 weeks later. Anyone have tips for dropping off in Nice?
Drop off location near Terminal 1 - 5 min walk. If you need to get back to Nice - ask them call you taxi.

One of my friend wrote this to me, when I told him about my ED plane:
3 nights in Nice is too much. That whole area is overrun with the Russians pretending to have more money than they really do -- not sure if you like that or not. Pretty annoying after a while.

The good stuff is north of Nice, around the Route Napoleon area, Balcon de la Mescla, Aix, Avignon, etc. Provence area. Otherwise, I didn't care for Nice all that much. Whatever. Nice but nothing to write home about.
Drop off process will take 15-20 min - make sure you make appointment.
O, one more thing - avoid get to in and out of Nice during rush hour - nightmare.

Nice
TT CAR TRANSIT
61 Route de Grenoble
06 200 NICE
Phone: 04.92.29.13.83
Toll free number from inside the airport : 0 800 803 583
Email: info@ttnice.com
Hours: 8:00AM to 5:00PM, MONDAY - FRIDAY only
(The following is information from the web and googlemaps: Route de Grenoble is the N99 at this point, just off the A8/E80 Autoroute.)
bmrfam provides the following additional detail: "That is the correct location although that address is just the entrance. The parking location and office are about 300m down from there. Once you enter the front off Rue de Grenoble, you need to bear to the right and follow the lane all the way down in front of the long warehouse until you see some trees in front of you. You turn in to the right there and there is a very small building housing the TT Transit office. At least this is what it was 3 years ago and Google Earth appears to confirm. I will be there again in 3 weeks [in mid-June 2010] and can confirm again in person. This is the lat/long for the office itself: 43°40'11.85"N and 7°12'14.58"E."

Last edited by TIME89; 06-01-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

TIME89 - thanks for the info.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Q5forWife
TIME89 - thanks for the info.
Original Post
I dropped my car off this past October in Nice.

The drop off point is not at the airport but nearby. It is probably 2-3 miles away. The gentleman who processed the car will drive you to the airport in their van. We were staying overnight and he took us to our hotel. He would not charge us but he gratefully accepted our decent tip for his excellent service. He was a nice person and very accomodating.

The drop off point is at the rear of an industrial type park.

Make sure you make an appointment. Drop off takes about 20 minutes. We received our car 6 weeks later in Ohio and that included a few day delay due to the hurricane.

We were very very pleasantly surprised by the beauty of Nice. The Promenade is amazing as is Old Town. We had a hotel with a balcony overlooking the Mediterranean and the Promenade. The Nice airport is also an excellent airport.
It _used_ to be like that; now there's a gated lot right next to Terminal 1 and their office is right in the terminal. When you make your appointment, they give you the gate code to get in and park your car.
Definitely make an appointment; because I get the distinct impression that if they have cleared their sheet for the day that they probably bail out early.

Nice is a very nice town; the parts that are interesting can probably be covered in one total day, tops. But if you want to go to Eze or St. Paul de Vence or Cap d'Ail or Grasse (for the perfume factories), plan on a couple more.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

FYI for anyone planning to drop off his/her ED car in Nice. When I made my drop off appointment, TT Car Transit told me the new drop off location is now at Terminal 1 at the Nice Airport.

Should be very convenient to be able to just walk to the terminal after the drop off.