Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Dont Let Your Dealer Charge You a "Destination Charge" for ED

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading that you still need someone to agree with you???
Old 07-19-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Are you blind?

I also have a full copy of the "The audi European Delivery Program Dealer Resourse Guide" & went over the quoted statements/pages w/ AudiUSA word by word.
Unfortunately, I still got the explanation from Audi as stated in previous msg.

Now, I can agrue this w/ the dealer, but they basically refer all ED questions to Kathy Bis as they had done in the past, which we already know her feedback from BajanS4's comments. Anyway, I'll go to the dealer next week again to push it further....
Old 07-20-2007, 10:22 AM
B8

Default Re: Exactly! I am thinking that since the program is still new some dealers.......

When you guys get this sorted out please explain to me how the VAT should work. I am planning on an ED next year, I have only one dealer to work with and Audi is not their primary line.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Try this...

I gave my dealer a check for the VAT tax and when I returned from Europe after 2 weeks , they gave me back the check, uncashed.

They take it to protect themselves as if you stay in Europe for over (6 months?), they will owe the tax.

However when I bought my Volvo via ED in 2005, they didnt even ask for a deposit which was nice...

To make sure they didnt cash it, I postdated the check for the day after I was scheduled to return from Europe.

And by the way, I have the destination charge figured out. Its a few of our bretheran that can't understand whats in front of their nose
Old 08-14-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Audi USA sales management is telling dealers in Texas Dest Charge is to be added

I've tried to understand why there is such a disconnect between what is advertised and what is being stated by Audi USA. The dealers are very firm that Audi USA is telling them that the destination charge is part of the MSRP.

The fact that the documentation and advertising imply differently doesn't seem to bother them in the least.

I find this very frustrating.

We purchased a Volvo XC90 through ED a few years back and it was a real pleasure. Everything was clearly priced, and no VAT deposit.

I'm surprised this issue is so difficult for Audi to get straight. It's a great tool for customer loyalty, and yet for the first time in dealing with Audi, I feel quite alienated. (This would be my 3rd Audi.)
Old 09-01-2007, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Got the same answer from my dealer here in Florida

I just got back from the dealer to finalize payment on my 3.2 TT, and like others here the dealer gave me the same story about how the destination charge was not included as part of the ED program and needed to be added onto the purchase price.

Needless to say I was not pleased, so we're now waiting for official confirmation from Kathy. As I've stated before, the wording on the website and in the ED documentation makes it pretty clear that the destination charge is covered in the ED purchase price. I did manage to get AudiCare thrown in as part of the deal, so the disagreement over the destination charge is really the only thing holding it up.