Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

ED Process Begun

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I've paid for the car, including California tax & license (I'm helping to reduce the state deficit, I think) plus a separate check in escrow for the VAT. Dealer said they wouldn't cash the VAT check, unless I didn't bring the car back. Delivery on 27 April. So far, so good.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by sesomme
Ok, I've paid for the car, including California tax & license (I'm helping to reduce the state deficit, I think) plus a separate check in escrow for the VAT. Dealer said they wouldn't cash the VAT check, unless I didn't bring the car back. Delivery on 27 April. So far, so good.
Congrats - nice dealer - KrazyIvan get his check cashed next day.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sesomme
Were you able to negotiate up from European Delivery invoice or just the standard 5% off of US MSRP? I am still looking for a mid-Atlantic dealer that will negotiate similar to BMW, i.e. $XXX over European invoice, amounts to about a 11-12% discount off of US MSRP.

Have a great time. My 3 BMW EDs were fantastic.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
Were you able to negotiate up from European Delivery invoice or just the standard 5% off of US MSRP? I am still looking for a mid-Atlantic dealer that will negotiate similar to BMW, i.e. $XXX over European invoice, amounts to about a 11-12% discount off of US MSRP.

Have a great time. My 3 BMW EDs were fantastic.
Thanks. No, I paid the standard 5% under list. Neither dealer I worked with would consider negotiation below that, although I did ask. Not sure the dealers have any motivation to negotiate especially with Q5s. As I recall, Audi's ED plan doesn't mention possiblility of negotiating lower price, whereas BMW's does. Good luck finding an Audi dealer willing to negotiate.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Are there any Audi dealers that will negotiate an ED deal starting at European invoice like some BMW dealers? Typically you can order a BMW at ED invoice plus about $1000. This amounts to a discount of about 11-12% off of US MSRP. To me, a 5% discount is a lame deal unless you really want to go to Europe anyway.
Old 03-07-2011, 04:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
Are there any Audi dealers that will negotiate an ED deal starting at European invoice like some BMW dealers? Typically you can order a BMW at ED invoice plus about $1000. This amounts to a discount of about 11-12% off of US MSRP. To me, a 5% discount is a lame deal unless you really want to go to Europe anyway.
From my own research and calculations, it seems that MSRP-5% leaves the dealer with ~$800 over invoice price. I think that's the main reason they don't want to negotiate
Old 03-07-2011, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by piotroosh
From my own research and calculations, it seems that MSRP-5% leaves the dealer with ~$800 over invoice price. I think that's the main reason they don't want to negotiate
Thanks so much for that information. I am just starting my ED journey (went to the dealer for the first time yesterday) and it is helpful to know their wiggle room. I got a blank look when I asked about European Delivery... I think they've never done one before and I'm considering finding a dealer that has been through it before. The drawbacks that I've read in this forum about Audi's ED had caused me to lower it in my rankings; that is... until I drove it.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Congrats - nice dealer - KrazyIvan get his check cashed next day.
True, but I also got it back fast, before my car even made it here.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by CrazyIvan
True, but I also got it back fast, before my car even made it here.
it's not the point - point is that before you even leave for Germany you have to have 'extra' cash on your account in amount of 19% of your car cost. Witch is for $50K car - $9,500.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ATorres437
Thanks so much for that information. I am just starting my ED journey (went to the dealer for the first time yesterday) and it is helpful to know their wiggle room. I got a blank look when I asked about European Delivery... I think they've never done one before and I'm considering finding a dealer that has been through it before. The drawbacks that I've read in this forum about Audi's ED had caused me to lower it in my rankings; that is... until I drove it.
I'm also just starting my quest for ED. I've done this before with BMW (extremely easy and great program), but I'm not having a lot of success finding a dealer in New England who has experience doing European Delivery. Does anyone have any recommendations for a dealer?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: ED Process Begun