Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

ED Process Begun

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frudi
I'm also just starting my quest for ED. I've done this before with BMW (extremely easy and great program), but I'm not having a lot of success finding a dealer in New England who has experience doing European Delivery. Does anyone have any recommendations for a dealer?

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum, frudi!
This is my biggest problem here. After amazing experiences with my BMW ED - looks like Audi is way behind BMW in this department.
I went to my local dealership and after look at the car and test drive I ask him if he ever sold car true European Delivery - his answer - what a $%^ is that? Why do you wont to go there and than wait - car is right here - I give you 6% off - just get it today.
Then I spend 20 min explain to this shmak what is ED, how it's work ( all this time he listen to me with his jaw drop to the floor) - he told me - He will get his next car with ED.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TIME89
Welcome to the forum, frudi!
This is my biggest problem here. After amazing experiences with my BMW ED - looks like Audi is way behind BMW in this department.
I went to my local dealership and after look at the car and test drive I ask him if he ever sold car true European Delivery - his answer - what a $%^ is that? Why do you wont to go there and than wait - car is right here - I give you 6% off - just get it today.
Then I spend 20 min explain to this shmak what is ED, how it's work ( all this time he listen to me with his jaw drop to the floor) - he told me - He will get his next car with ED.
My local Audi dealer wasn't at all interested in helping me... so I ended up going with another manufacturer. Shame.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ATorres437
My local Audi dealer wasn't at all interested in helping me... so I ended up going with another manufacturer. Shame.
It is shame! Great Service!

Good luck with your ED!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Tale of the Cancelled ED

OK, I'm going to "hijack" my own thread here with a tale of my cancelled European Delivery.
As my first post indicated, I was going to get my 2011 Q5 delivered in Ingolstadt back in April. All was going great until I came down with a medical condition (not serious) that prevented me from going to Germany at that time to pick it up.
So.....I called my dealer & requested either to cancel, so I could go back later and pick up a different car, or get this one re-delivered over here. Since I'd already paid in full, I don't believe the dealer or Audi seriously considered cancellation, thus I was to expect delivery in San Diego sometime in June probably about the same time as had the planned ED gone through. I was OK with that, even if I might have preferred the cancellation. By the way, my salesman who I worked the ED with, had quit and gone back to Northern California. He had been the dealer’s expert in ED.
Got a call from the dealer saying the car had made the boat on 10 May. I did a bit a snooping & determined that it was probably on the Grand Neptune scheduled to arrive in San Diego around 8 June. 8 June comes around and I contact the dealer & ask where’s my car? After a few days of no response, I get the word that my car really hadn’t made it on that boat due to a mix-up by Audi. I was not too pleased because that meant at least another month wait from then.
Next word is that my car definitely was put on the boat, the Themis Leader, on 10 June. So here’s another 28 days at least. Again I’m tracking the boat & this one is routed to Port Hueneme first (to drop off some BMWs, no doubt), then to Long Beach (for who knows what reason), then to San Diego. On 8 July, the Themis Leader docks in San Diego. After a few days, I again contact the dealer & ask where’s my car? First indication is that the car should be at the dealer by the end of the week. With no further word until later in the week, the dealer then indicates that the car is missing the Monroney sticker (the MSRP, etc. sticker) which AoA has to send out to the Port. They apparently can’t legally deliver the car without it. Whether it was forgotten because it was an unusual case (cancelled ED) or for some other reason, I can’t say. After another failed promise of delivery by the beginning of the next week, I finally get the call from the dealer that I can pick up my car on Friday 22 July, two full weeks after its arrival in port. I noticed that at least one other delivery had been made to Livermore in Northern California a week earlier.
I had been having some discussions with the dealer’s sales manager about my distress at the delay. I had sold my Passat Station wagon in early June in anticipation of the first delivery date, and as it turned out, I would be getting my 2011 Q5 after delivery 2012 models (though why Audi began the 2012 model year in July is beyond me). So, we worked out a deal that I would get a free cargo mat and AudiCare. So that made it a little better and there was an unexpected bonus – California had lowered the sales and registration taxes on 1 July, so I got a refund of almost $700. End result was a fairly good deal on the car, albeit couple months late delivery.
The moral of the story is probably don’t cancel an ED.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Sad, very sad.....