Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Got my European Delivery Welcome Kit today

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Got my European Delivery Welcome Kit today

Took a long time to get here - but maybe that has something to do with shipping to Hawaii. It's an impressively heavy box for what it contains: one multi-page brochure, a handful of additional printout information, a luggage ID tag, and $50 for AudiCollectionUSA.com. I kept looking for the secret to opening the rest of the box as it is still quite heavy after removing these items, but it looks like that's all there is and it's just a heavy box.

Anyhow, got my forms sent out today. The included letter said production is scheduled for the week of 4 Sep. My dealer previously told me production had started. Maybe he just meant production was scheduled? I asked each to find out.

scot
Old 08-23-2017, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats! What car did you order?
Old 08-23-2017, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

RS3.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're scaling back. I got $100 gift card. That's pretty weak.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by a.i.
They're scaling back. I got $100 gift card. That's pretty weak.
You're right about that as things on AudiCollection seem at least $50 overpriced to begin with.

Still, they don't have to give us anything, so I guess $50 is still nice.

Scot
Old 08-24-2017, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Congrats on the order. Will you be able to pick it up before Germany's winter tire requirement kicks in?

I picked up my A4 in December at Ingolstadt, drove to Stuttgart for Porsche tour + museum and Mercedes museum. A4 comes with all season tires so the requirement didn't apply.

That's one HEAVY luggage tag! Not about to haul that around an airport.

Last edited by lowjdml; 08-24-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yup - that was the deciding factor behind getting a stock color (Ara Blue) or an Exclusive color - being able to pick it up before mandatory winter tire season hits. So, I get it just before the deadline. Am hoping to do some mountain runs in the car, so hope winter doesn't come early!

I did the Porsche and Mercedes museums before, although not the factory tour. I'll to the Ingolstadt tour and will see if I can add Neckarsulm as well.

scot
Old 08-27-2017, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's your scheduled delivery date?

So far I have an S4 scheduled for Ingolstadt delivery on 10/17. Just enough time for an 11 day trip before the winter tire regs.

We're planning on going Black Forest > Interlaken > then zig zagging our way west to east through Bavaria / Northern Austria. It is very much an outdoors / hiking trip for us.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Tightlines612
What's your scheduled delivery date?

So far I have an S4 scheduled for Ingolstadt delivery on 10/17. Just enough time for an 11 day trip before the winter tire regs.

We're planning on going Black Forest > Interlaken > then zig zagging our way west to east through Bavaria / Northern Austria. It is very much an outdoors / hiking trip for us.
We're aiming for 6 Oct, so we'll be just before you. Since I live on an island in the Pacific, I'm aiming for as much spirited scenic driving as I can fit in with a 7-year old in tow.

Sounds like you've got a nice trip planned. Congrats on the S4!

scot