Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

My 2010 Q5 ED story

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by patinsd
Look like each Audi dealer have different policy about car coming from ED .
They cleam mine inside and out .they even find a bag of almonds under the seat !!!!few dayes after returning the car we looked for those almonds and we said it's probably left in one of the hotels .
tell me ,what is the purpose of using clay bar ?
I asked them specifically not to clean it. Usually, dealer car wash consists of quick rinse with heavy use of tire dressing to make the car appear "clean". It does more harm than help. Whatever doesnt come off from water, is simply wiped off with the rag (scratching the clear coat in the process). Before you know it, your car is covered with swirl marks Anyway, next time you wash your car, run your hand over the paint: is it smooth like glass or does it feel bumpy? Clay bar removes these "bumps" - contamination from the air, dirt, whatever. Once you do that, and wax your car afterwards, it will definitely look better! It is a time consuming process when done correctly. It took me a few hours to complete. But the payoff is worth it! PM me if you need any additional info.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by patinsd
Look like each Audi dealer have different policy about car coming from ED .
They cleam mine inside and out .they even find a bag of almonds under the seat !!!!few dayes after returning the car we looked for those almonds and we said it's probably left in one of the hotels .
tell me ,what is the purpose of using clay bar ?
My car was clean in and out with full tank of gas.