Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

D-BAG ALERT: Digital Motorsports Inc.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D-BAG ALERT: Digital Motorsports Inc.

I bought a new VMAP-d 4 bar and a used "MRC" RS2 chipset from an ad on audifans.com The seller is James, and I'm guessing Digital Motorsports is his company or else he works for them, or maybe it isn't even a real company. The physical address is somewhere in Montana. He was a really nice guy on the phone, and seemed fairly knowledgable about the 20VT. The VMAP looks fine, although I haven't installed it yet. I did install the chips with my current Bosch 3-bar map and the car fired right up, except now it sounds like a diesel truck. Barely idles, running SUPER lean, very poppy exhaust sound. Took it out slowly, thinking maybe it just needs to warm up or something. Got worse until I had to turn around 100 yards down the road because I couldn't even drive faster than 15 mph in 1st. Zero power. Chips were 100% installed correctly, I double checked. I've been talking to Bob at chips-ur-s.com and sent him pictures of the chips. He forwarded them to Mihnea, who agreed that they are most likely not MRC. I am sending the chips to them on their request so they can examine the code. In the meantime, I have to figure out how to get my goddamn money back. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up not to deal with this guy. Thought I was getting a sweet deal on some good software, and now I find out I may have to take a trip to Montana.