Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

After a LONG wait ...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by NyCAudiGuY
Thanks wausau, I'm just trying to anticipate appropriately. It seemed odd that it would take a shipping vessel from Germany a month to travel to Rhode Island. How long was the transport time for you once it arrived in Davisville (assuming your also in the North East)?
It was a week from Port(Houston) to Wisconsin. They generally prioritize sold cars.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I figure I share my funny story. So from when I started posting about tracking, I followed the ship to Davisville where it was supposed to arrive on Saturday 4/6 but instead docked into port on Sunday 4/7. Knowing that it was going to take some time to offload and go through port installations (mind had none), I figure it would take a few days or so. To my surprise, when I tracked the ship the next day, it was already on it's way to Florida. This meant, the car had to be already off loaded, and I was expecting to receive the "US Port" e-mail. I already was anticipating ok if it was to arrive on 4/7 give it about 9 days to travel and it will come some time the week of the 14th. However, on Thursday I was getting concerned that I still did not receive the e-mail, so I was beginning to think it might be possible it got delayed onto a later ship and my SA just had delayed information when it was presented to me.

So I checked up with her and tried to get a status or if she had any revised information on her end. She then informed me that it has already arrived at the port (which I already knew) and that it should arrive early the week of the 14th (which I was already anticipating). I was comforted at least to know that it actually arrived on the ship I was tracking instead of it being delayed somehow. In a matter of an hour and a half, I receive another e-mail from my SA and she informs me that the car "Literally, just arrived". I had the Christmas gift warmth inside thinking that I was only checking up to see the status only to be surprised that it has already arrived at the dealership. Good news is IT"S FINALLY HERE, bad news is I have to wait till next weekend to pick it up. But I'm excited and looking forward to picking it up!!!

Sorry for the story being rather lengthy, but was a funny and delightful experience after the LONG wait, which I'm sure many of you have also gone through.
Old 04-13-2019, 04:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

^^^ Fantastic that's it's here! Now you have to wait until next weekend - the wait when you know it's here, but can't get it immediately, is the longest wait of all.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chiclet11
^^^ Fantastic that's it's here! Now you have to wait until next weekend - the wait when you know it's here, but can't get it immediately, is the longest wait of all.
That really is the feeling. Thanks Chiclet!
Old 04-23-2019, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Finally, it's here. Got to pick it up last weekend on Saturday, was really close to getting it a day earlier, but schedules just didn't line up. But none the less we finally got her after 3 long months of waiting and as soon as we picked her up, drove her from NYC to Boston for her first trip.