Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

A Few New Q8 Observations and Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2023, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Been cloudy for a while so never noticed this...no dual sun visors! I want our Q7 back. Of all the chintzy nickel and diming... why do they pick the most useful items to remove?

And is there a way to turn off that almost instantaneous seatbelt chime? I can barely get the car out of the garage before it starts chirping.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

You've posted a very complete list of observations. I agree with everything you've said.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

And no rear fog lights either. So disappointing how the more I look the less I find. I wonder if the new Q7's are shedding features and noise insulation also?

In other news, ordered an OBD Eleven Ultimate to tweak a few things and disappear that chime. It's the little things that bring joy (and silence) into the day.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:13 AM
JOEMB239

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default ITM👍👍

Originally Posted by Farmer Harv
13. Has anyone used the Integrated Toll Module? We have a Sunpass for when we get to Florida, but if the ITM works well it might be worth the $20/year for nationwide hassle free driving.
ITM works flawlessly and eliminates that PITA transponder on the window; you will register and be billed by a third-party, just like if the state was administering the billing
The following users liked this post:
Farmer Harv (11-13-2023)
Old 11-13-2023, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a Q7 and my SQ8 is quieter than the Q7. I do have the luxury package and summer tires though as I live in Florida. Also the integrated toll module works great to replace the Sun Pass btw.
The following 3 users liked this post by dolmstead:
beerguy (11-13-2023), Farmer Harv (11-13-2023), SimpleQ7 (11-13-2023)
Old 11-16-2023, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Do the new Q8 owner’s manual just come in a cardboard sleeve now, instead of the nice fabric folio we had with the Q7?

And where do they hide the installed equipment sticker with the 3 letter codes now? I was sure it was in the owners manual before, but I can’t find it anywhere in or on this car.
Old 11-16-2023, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 803 Likes on 614 Posts

Do the new Q8 owner’s manual just come in a cardboard sleeve now, instead of the nice fabric folio we had with the Q7?

And where do they hide the installed equipment sticker with the 3 letter codes now? I was sure it was in the owners manual before, but I can’t find it anywhere in or on this car.
Now there is only a cardboard sleeve for the owners manual. If you don't have a sticker with the codes on the second page of the manual, you should find it in the trunk, under the carpet, where the subwoofer is located.
The following users liked this post:
Farmer Harv (11-16-2023)
Old 11-21-2023, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I like the ITM, dislike the glovebox dysfunctionality, and like the gun box. It took me a couple of weeks to stumble upon it. It fits a Glock 27 and a S&W snub 38 spl (pocket hiking gun).

The following 3 users liked this post by JonWint:
Farmer Harv (11-24-2023), jeff@kinvg.com (11-30-2023), SouthernGalTX (12-03-2023)
Old 11-24-2023, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

*sigh* It would appear there is no way to save favourite artists/songs and be notified when they're playing on a SiriusXm channel? On our old Ram pickup it would play a notification chime and a message would pop up, on the Q7 a message would pop up, on the Q8....

Audi is definitely going down the Less is More path.
Old 11-24-2023, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope you have better luck with the OBDeleven than I did. I was able to connect, scan the control units, and even clear some faults. Unfortunately I couldn't get any of the apps to work, and I bought the OBDeleven primarily to turn off the seat belt chimes. I can't get it to work. Please let us know if you get it to work. In another thread someone suggested Audi may have changed security in late year builds causing compatibility issues with the OBDeleven.

And no rear fog lights either. So disappointing how the more I look the less I find. I wonder if the new Q7's are shedding features and noise insulation also?

In other news, ordered an OBD Eleven Ultimate to tweak a few things and disappear that chime. It's the little things that bring joy (and silence) into the day.

Quick Reply: A Few New Q8 Observations and Questions