Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 / Q8 > Audi Q8 > Audi Q8
Reload this Page >

Q8 Apple Carplay issues / problems

Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 Apple Carplay issues / problems

 
Old 12-05-2018, 06:27 PM
  #11  
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 77
Default :)

Originally Posted by rogueq8 View Post
Indeed, connecting to the 5GHz network did the trick. Thanks.

No problem, thatís what itís all about! Itís my first Audi too, and Iím still trying to figure it all out myself, so anything I can do to help...
DONTHATEMYQ8 is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 04:42 AM
  #12  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by DONTHATEMYQ8 View Post



No problem, thatís what itís all about! Itís my first Audi too, and Iím still trying to figure it all out myself, so anything I can do to help...
So you both connect to 5g? Do either of you have the ďaudi data moduleĒ activated? I turned it off and now everything works fine almost. But every time I enter the car it asks if I would like to activate it? What does this connection module do?
fabricguy is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 05:05 AM
  #13  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
rogueq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 32
Default

I do not know the status of my data module. I will verify and let you know.

My understanding, from the owner's manual, is that this function takes charge of the Audi connect services' data exchanges. E.g. this is probably the function updating your myaudi app with your car's data.

The owner's manual speaks of a "car phone" which seems to be distinct from your own phone, and there also seems to be interactions between this car phone and the data module. Maybe that is what is giving you problems. Just my 0,02$.
rogueq8 is offline  
Old 12-09-2018, 11:26 AM
  #14  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 13
Default

Not sure I understand how the car has a phone as well? Maybe it has a data chip installed for traffic reports? Siri works really well now that data module is deactivated. I wonder what the conflict would be?
fabricguy is offline  
Old 12-09-2018, 12:22 PM
  #15  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
rogueq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 32
Default

My data module is on, and I have no problem using carplay and my phone. ņ propos car phone, according to the owner's manual, it seems the Q8 (at least some trims of it) have their own SIM card, hence their own "car phone". You can get the car phone's serial number (IMEI) in the MMI settings. That is about as much as I know about the (supposedly) car's own phone.

Maybe there is a problem with the electronics in your particular vehicule, that you have to turn the data module off. What is the dealer saying about that issue?
rogueq8 is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 08:53 AM
  #16  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10
Default

I think its a apple software issue, i noticed if the phones unlocked siri works fine. When the phone is locked it won't connect to siri or read my text messages. Everything else seems to work fine.
Jesse.d is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 08:57 AM
  #17  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
rogueq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 32
Default

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you figure out if your phone is locked or not?
rogueq8 is offline  
Old 12-10-2018, 09:21 AM
  #18  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 961
Default

The lock icon at the top of the screen.
rccoleman is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 03:17 AM
  #19  
Audiworld Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by rogueq8 View Post
My data module is on, and I have no problem using carplay and my phone. ņ propos car phone, according to the owner's manual, it seems the Q8 (at least some trims of it) have their own SIM card, hence their own "car phone". You can get the car phone's serial number (IMEI) in the MMI settings. That is about as much as I know about the (supposedly) car's own phone.

Maybe there is a problem with the electronics in your particular vehicule, that you have to turn the data module off. What is the dealer saying about that issue?
I thought the same but tried 3 q8 and noticed the same across the board. Thatís why Iím skeptical itís all 3 cars. Either a software issue with Apple which means others must have it or something with my settings when I connect the car. Although there really shouldnít be an option to connect where phone will overheat and Siri will not work!!
fabricguy is offline  
Old 12-11-2018, 05:34 AM
  #20  
AudiWorld Junior Member
 
rogueq8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 32
Default

Originally Posted by Jesse.d View Post
I think its a apple software issue, i noticed if the phones unlocked siri works fine. When the phone is locked it won't connect to siri or read my text messages. Everything else seems to work fine.
Just called my provider, and my phone is locked. And as I said, no problems using carplay either. I have an iPhone 6 running iOS 12.1.1. I am not a siri user, but I will try it and report back.
rogueq8 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Q8 Apple Carplay issues / problems


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: