Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 - OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 202 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by andytoronto
No
You need to use 5054 and ODIS-S to data flash the parameterized files into A5 unit.
After that, you need to do the headlight adjustment in the test plan.

The parameterized file will cost you around $800-$1000 to buy from another car who has this function.
Thanks for the info. I did some more digging-
So you are saying the USA spec cars have the right equipment, just the wrong firmware? I read some other cars don’t have the correct hardware and need to buy a euro kit to convert.

You are saying we would need to have the A5 unit flashed with the file. Sounds like something a tuner shop would have to do, as the dealer won’t be allowed to do it- correct? What if we had some work done (say a recall for something unrelated to headlights) would we then lose the new flash?

What does that last part mean? Who would we buy the file from? Would that car who has this function then lose it if they sold it? Just wondering why so expensive, if we only need a donor to copy from?

Old 07-12-2020, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rain auto window up

Has anyone or is it possible now on the new MMI system to have auto window up when it rain... like on the VW?
Old 07-12-2020, 11:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone knows how to get lowered with obd system?
Old 07-13-2020, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Posted this quite a while back, but can anyone confirm that the Nav map scrolling while driving can be unlocked? By default you can only zoom in/out which is semi-useless. If you try to scroll, the MMI pops up a message that for my safety this feature is disabled while moving. It's not a legal limitation since my Mercedes allowed this.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any news ??

Originally Posted by Zerrantoss
On this note, is anyone here able to change the animation?
Currently, we have quick swipe inwards and outwards animation.

RSQ8 seems to have a slower animation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F0WA17IpLM

Starting at 0:25.
It looks so beautiful.

Feels like we have the hardware (if you have the Matrix LED option). We just need software coding to change the animation?
Maybe OBDEleven is not capable of performing this.

ANY NEWS?
Old 07-14-2020, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
You can't replace this button removing only the front trim. There is a need to disassemble the center console. I know this since I was changing Start Engine Stop button. Much more work than expected.
As per a former audi master tech on another forum, the button is apparently plug and play - uses the same harness for the 3 button array as the current 2 button and he has helped others install it to activate the AI park assist (the coding I used seems to be correct). Pricing looks to be around 100$ for the button. Will update if I decide to attempt it.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 794 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by mbsaeger
As per a former audi master tech on another forum, the button is apparently plug and play - uses the same harness for the 3 button array as the current 2 button and he has helped others install it to activate the AI park assist (the coding I used seems to be correct). Pricing looks to be around 100$ for the button. Will update if I decide to attempt it.
Yes, please. I am very interested. Please let me know the coding and the final result of this retrofit. The button should be with letter "J" since with "G" is no longer in production. I don't use OBDEleven but it should be also doable with VCP which I have.
But for sure to instal this button you will have to remove the whole top part of the central console to get an access to 2 bolts which hold the button from the bottom.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by retom
Yes, please. I am very interested. Please let me know the coding and the final result of this retrofit. The button should be with letter "J" since with "G" is no longer in production. I don't use OBDEleven but it should be also doable with VCP which I have.
But for sure to instal this button you will have to remove the whole top part of the central console to get an access to 2 bolts which hold the button from the bottom.
I can’t seem to find the button actually. The G is if you have the prestige alu buttons. The C Is if you have premium plus black buttons it looks like but can’t find either. Do you know what the new part for C is?
Old 07-14-2020, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mbsaeger
I can’t seem to find the button actually. The G is if you have the prestige alu buttons. The C Is if you have premium plus black buttons it looks like but can’t find either. Do you know what the new part for C is?
There's no C, only E, F, G, and J. G is superseded by J as of 7/20. MY21 cars introduce a new Parking Assistance package that combines the 360 cameras with the Audi AI button functionality and that explains the newer part revision. There are a few other control modules changing for MY21 across most carlines.

Last edited by wdimagineer; 07-14-2020 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by wdimagineer
There's no C, only E, F, G, and J. G is superseded by J as of 7/20. MY21 cars introduce a new Parking Assistance package that combines the 360 cameras with the Audi AI button functionality and that explains the newer part revision. There are a few other control modules changing for MY21 across most carlines.
Ah, interesting. Searching all of the part sites I can't seem to find 4N0959673J. Looks like half of the battle is going to be finding the part.

Quick Reply: Q8 - OBDEleven