Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 quirks and little known features

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 789 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by Edharmon7
This is great! So, I'm still very curious about the air quality package with fragrancing and ionizer. I haven't any comments where anyone else has mentioned it. I asked the Audi USA Social Community Manager and he did say it is included in the luxury package. Though based on what I've read seems it is associated with the four-zone automatic air conditioning system. Just wondering if this feature is only on European models? I'll find out soon.

Feeling good: Four-zone automatic air conditioning and massage seats
The Audi Q8 rolls off the assembly line with two-zone automatic air conditioning as standard. Optionally available is four-zone automatic air conditioning with a particularly effective allergen and pollutant filter as well as a separate touch control unit for the rear passengers. The air quality package provides for premium air quality. It includes a fragrancing unit with subtle scents and an ionizer. With the convenience key, the doors and luggage compartment hatch can be opened and locked without actively using the key, which just has to be present. Other attractive equipment options for the Q8 include the auxiliary heater, heated windshield and the pre sense rear package with seat belt tensioners for the outside rear seats.

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/...-audi-q8-10297 Pg. 17

I'm within a week of picking up our 2019 Q8 Prestige (Florsett Silver, YR1, Luxury Package, Black Alcantara, Design Selection Package - Sarder Brown, Adaptive Chassis, B&O 3D Advance Sound, Night Vision, Cold Weather Package, Tow Package, CD).

Audi drivers do usually sweat the small stuff!

"BEAR DOWN!"
According to info posted on AW when I brought up a topic surrounding said system, it is not available in the US for the Q8 at all.
Old 07-10-2019, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks like the Fragrance and Ionizer are included in the 2020MY in Luxury Package option PPD
The following users liked this post:
Edharmon7 (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tomk
Looks like the Fragrance and Ionizer are included in the 2020MY in Luxury Package option PPD
Mystery solved!? How's it working and is it more of a "new car" smell?
Old 07-10-2019, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Edharmon7
Mystery solved!? How's it working and is it more of a "new car" smell?
He was referring to the new order guide just issued. The actual vehicle won't be here for months.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lag in throttle response

Looking for a fix; when slowing to near stop then hitting the gas, the car stumbles for 1 to 2 seconds. My Q8 now has 11,000 miles and the lag has gotten worse, Used to happen occasionally, now virtually every time.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 789 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by jbertstuft
Looking for a fix; when slowing to near stop then hitting the gas, the car stumbles for 1 to 2 seconds. My Q8 now has 11,000 miles and the lag has gotten worse, Used to happen occasionally, now virtually every time.
Normal. Its caused by the transmission secretly going into neutral to save fuel.

The only remedy is an adjustment of how you brake. I'm in the se boat.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I realised when on a stop and start and stop working, when the front car drives, the Q8 will startup. Anybody saw this ?
The following users liked this post:
Timothy Parker (08-20-2020)
Old 11-17-2019, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Elie Kamel
I realised when on a stop and start and stop working, when the front car drives, the Q8 will startup. Anybody saw this ?
I honestly don’t think it works that way— unless you’re in Adaptive Cruise Control. At a normal stop/start situation, the car may also start again (even while your foot is on the brakes) to maintain the ambient temperatures set. It works this way for the all newer start/stop models on A4-A8, Q5-Q8, and e-Tron. Perhaps, that’s what you noticed.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I can assure you that its not on adaptive cruise control on, and yes the car starts up when batery is low but try it tomorrow you will see whenever the car in front goes away the Q8 stats up
Old 11-17-2019, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jbertstuft
there is a thread here
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...issue-2966888/

we all have this issue and very very annoying

Quick Reply: Q8 quirks and little known features