Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8 or X5

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 07:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tech is going to Q8 for sure. I am not sure I like the cockpit layout on the BMW. The main info screen looks very nice.

I was hoping the Q8 would add more front storage from my SQ5. It looks to be less.

X5 Remote start is a big plus for me, it get's cold here in the northeast and I love having a toasty car. Does the Q8 have options for heating when not running?

Another issue I am hoping the Q8 fixes is the seats, why do they make them so hard. It's not a problem for short drives, but on long trips it gets uncomfortable.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TechCT
Tech is going to Q8 for sure. I am not sure I like the cockpit layout on the BMW. The main info screen looks very nice.

I was hoping the Q8 would add more front storage from my SQ5. It looks to be less.

X5 Remote start is a big plus for me, it get's cold here in the northeast and I love having a toasty car. Does the Q8 have options for heating when not running?

Another issue I am hoping the Q8 fixes is the seats, why do they make them so hard. It's not a problem for short drives, but on long trips it gets uncomfortable.
Hard Seats? IMHO, My Q7 has the luxury seating package and the seats are magical. I drive 35,000 miles a year on these and many days are 200 plus miles. Never had an issue with the seats. In fact, I had an X5 and had to trade it in after 4 months (lost a fortune!) because their seats were so terrible. YMMV...
Old 10-18-2018, 12:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was referring to my seats in the SQ5. Just a bit too hard for long trips. I am hoping to have magical seats in the Q8
Old 10-22-2018, 08:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Has anyone been able to see the new X5 yet? None of my local dealers have gotten their shipment yet.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CipherKeys
Has anyone been able to see the new X5 yet? None of my local dealers have gotten their shipment yet.
My dealer here in MN has one available for test drive. I just got an email from my sales guy.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I went for a test drive in both the 40 and 50 X5. I am waiting to test drive the Q8.

They are very nice. Some quirks but that's to be expected on all models. Nothing is perfect.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Drove the new X5 today. The engine felt a little faster than the Q8's 3.0T. Also has less lag.

Where BMW really shines is their HUD and center iDrive display. It's huge, easy to use, and high-res. BMW's knockoff Virtual Cockpit doesn't hold a candle to Audi's implementation.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by CipherKeys
Drove the new X5 today. The engine felt a little faster than the Q8's 3.0T. Also has less lag.

Where BMW really shines is their HUD and center iDrive display. It's huge, easy to use, and high-res. BMW's knockoff Virtual Cockpit doesn't hold a candle to Audi's implementation.
I agree on the X5 engine. It feels lighter and quicker.

Tech and rear legroom is better on the Q8.

Front storage and usability are hands down X5. I like the new touch screens in the Q8 but they took up all the space in the front cabin. You only get 2 small cup holders and a small compartment under the armrest. That;s not good for me.

I am leaning towards the X5 right now for functionality, sporty feel, mileage is much better and remote start which a key selling point for me. I can't understand Audi not offering that in the US.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Isn’t the x5 much less expensive than the q8?
Old 11-17-2018, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RJC 1
Isn’t the x5 much less expensive than the q8?
i think with both fully optioned, the X5 is about 10k or so less expensive.

Quick Reply: Q8 or X5