Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Q8's Continue To Build Up In Local Dealer Inventories

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2018, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Q8's Continue To Build Up In Local Dealer Inventories

I have continued to notice many of our local S FL dealer inventories of Q8's are really starting to pile up with an average of 15-30+ unsold per dealer and have again been told they are not selling well....the hype is fading and the no discount stuff will soon be a distant memory even on YR-1's as we move forward in 2019.

Last edited by RJC 1; 12-29-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who cares? You can already get G05 X5s for invoice in my area.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by CipherKeys
Who cares? You can already get G05 X5s for invoice in my area.
Who Cares? People looking into buying one, that's who!
Old 12-29-2018, 12:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RJC 1
Who Cares? People looking into buying one, that's who!
Maybe this will push Audi to start offering some competitive lease deals on the Q8

Old 12-29-2018, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Maybe this will push Audi to start offering some competitive lease deals on the Q8
I think the Q8 will be a sales flop, so they better do something and in a big way.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think the Q8 will be a sales flop, so they better do something and in a big way.
Again, who cares if it is a sales flop? No one is expecting this car to outsell the Q5 or Q7.

It's a niche product, just like the GLE Coupe or X6. Neither of those cars sell for MSRP or garner long waiting lists.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Again, who cares if it is a sales flop? No one is expecting this car to outsell the Q5 or Q7.

It's a niche product, just like the GLE Coupe or X6. Neither of those cars sell for MSRP or garner long waiting lists.
Again, for people who are looking to buy one, that's who!
I agree it's a niche product , been trying to get that point across on this forum, but many are cross shopping it with non-niche suvs like the X5 or Q7...
Old 12-29-2018, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Inventory is building because the bulk of the vehicles that were ordered for inventory, are now starting to arrive. Inventory was relatively sparse heretofor.

Discount or no discount is up to the dealer. If they want to hold to MSRP, and don't need the units moving yet to hit their targets, then, that's a business decision.

I'm in the mid atlantic, they have done well for us thusfar, and I'm at a relatively small store, especially compared to stores in So Florida.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Inventory is building because the bulk of the vehicles that were ordered for inventory, are now starting to arrive. Inventory was relatively sparse heretofor.

Discount or no discount is up to the dealer. If they want to hold to MSRP, and don't need the units moving yet to hit their targets, then, that's a business decision.

I'm in the mid atlantic, they have done well for us thusfar, and I'm at a relatively small store, especially compared to stores in So Florida.
Problem is according to my local dealers is they arent even selling what they have, and what get (unless it's a YR1), they all seem to fear the Q8 is not/will not do well.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Problem is according to my local dealers is they arent even selling what they have, and what get (unless it's a YR1), they all seem to fear the Q8 is not/will not do well.
Then it sounds like they are not properly setting the expectation to the customer, not discounting them, or both. Or that region doesn't want it yet, or a combination of things. These things happen.

Quick Reply: Q8's Continue To Build Up In Local Dealer Inventories