Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Start/Stop... back to life? !

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2023, 10:05 PM
a75
AudiWorld Member

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

I have the handbrake activated automatically when the automatic transmission is put into park. It is so convenient for me, the handbrake is always activated by itself and is always turned off by itself when I start moving. I even started to forget that I have a handbrake))

I also have the automatic closing and opening of the doors lock activated at the beginning of the movement and when the engine is turned off. And to be honest, I don't remember ever having to pull the doorknob twice, it always opens the first time.
Only if a car or something else passes by, then the door does not open completely and the backlight flashes red, but as soon as the path is free, the door opens.

p.s. Specially checked again, even when the locks are closed, I need to pull the handle only once and the door opens.

Last edited by a75; 07-28-2023 at 01:26 AM.
Old 07-27-2023, 10:07 PM
a75
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BLNT
Thanks for that info - there have been a couple of occasions where I've pulled out the manual, only to strike out - so, I put it in a drawer in the house somewhere, as I needed more space in the glove box !!

Apparently they're overthinking some of the simple features of an automobile.... I don't want the stupid car to set something (brake) on its own, and I want the door to open when I pull the handle.

Again, thanks for the info
I read the entire manual for the car before I received it . Fortunately, it is available in electronic form on the Audi website.
And there are a lot of interesting things in there for me.
Old 07-28-2023, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
Yes I mentioned that in my reply. If the doors are locked, it takes TWO pulls - I believe this has always been the behavior as it is mechanical and not software (for safety reasons). My Q3 unlocked the doors when going into park. If the doors are unlocked, it opens on the first pull.
In 4 years, it only started this in the last couple of days - never have I had to pull the handle twice. Also, I double checked yesterday and it was requiring a double pull whether locked/unlocked (both while the engine was on and off).
Old 07-28-2023, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

While I'm "piling on" my car - how often do you guys experience one of the cameras going out? I get used to the convenience of having that overhead view when backing into tight spaces. I'd say 2+ times/week one of the cameras will not be operational (dark on the screen). Occasionally, it's as many as 3 of the 4. Also, and this is much less important, there are times where it does not display the image of the car in that display, only a grey rectangle.

Old 07-28-2023, 08:11 AM
a75
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BLNT
While I'm "piling on" my car - how often do you guys experience one of the cameras going out? I get used to the convenience of having that overhead view when backing into tight spaces. I'd say 2+ times/week one of the cameras will not be operational (dark on the screen). Occasionally, it's as many as 3 of the 4. Also, and this is much less important, there are times where it does not display the image of the car in that display, only a grey rectangle.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...019-a-3058251/
The following users liked this post:
BLNT (07-28-2023)
Old 07-28-2023, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks - it's good to know "it's not just me" !!