Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Volume difference between Media and Radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any update on the problem?

I have had my car for a couple months now and I tried again yesterday to switch from listening to podcasts or music from Media (either iPhone or SD card) and back to Satellite radio and was blown out of the car again by the huge volume jump.

Does everyone have this problem? I am guessing that most owners don't operate in these dual modes so it is under-reported?? But what about those that have reported this two months ago??

GW
Old 03-22-2019, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

This NEEDS to be fixed!
Old 03-22-2019, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 890 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
This NEEDS to be fixed!
Yes it does. The problems spans several years and several models.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received a survey from Audi and pointed out lthings that need to be fixed:

1. Lag associated with the start/stop
2. Volume control between car play and the radio

Maybe if enough people complain, it will be fixed
Old 03-22-2019, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If I get a survey I'll gladly put those down as issues that need to be fixed.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL
I just received a survey from Audi and pointed out lthings that need to be fixed:

1. Lag associated with the start/stop
2. Volume control between car play and the radio

Maybe if enough people complain, it will be fixed
i have the exact same issues!
Old 04-15-2019, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just trying to keep this thread on the first page until Audi comes up with a fix! I won't be back in Boston where I bought the car until May and plan to apply more pressure then.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Audi refuses to monitor what they call 3rd party sources, like this forum. First page or last. They won’t even listen to customers. Lol. You need to report through the dealer service department. And then you need to press the service department to take the additional time to report it up to Audi. It’s the only system they have in place to aggregate data on issues. Pretty poor system for keeping customers happy and engaged. Don’t believe me? Call Audi of America and try ? I did. It left me frustrated and disillusioned.

I know that every brand has its issues. And first year vehicles have kinks to work out. IMHO Audi is to slow to acknowledge let alone react. I see to many simple issues listed here and on other sites that have gone unresolved for many months. That’s just unacceptable on a vehicle in this price range. This maybe because the issues clearly laid out, documented and reported here and elsewhere online fall on Audi’s deaf ears sone they don’t accept and won’t even look at 3rd party sources like forums.

Heck I can duplicate many of these issues reported here on test drives easily and I’m not an owner yet. But Audi denies these issues exist ? I’m trying to be an owner but I need some of these issues fixed first. Or at least acknowledged and told they are being worked on which is why I called Audi of America in the first place.

Please Report your issues to your dealer service department (press them to do the extra work and report to Audi) and report it on your surveys and report safety issues to the NTSB. It’s the best shot we have of fixing this stuff.

The Audi Q8 is the best looking SUV in the market. I’m hooked but it feel ownership would be like dating the hot girl from high school who you date even though you know the experience will be fought with drama and be a huge PITA, just to have a hot girl on the arm ( or driveway in this case). Been there, done that, learned from the experience.

Originally Posted by gkendallw
Just trying to keep this thread on the first page until Audi comes up with a fix! I won't be back in Boston where I bought the car until May and plan to apply more pressure then.

Last edited by Jsf721; 04-19-2019 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

You can Report it to the closest dealer to where you are now.

Originally Posted by gkendallw
Old 04-19-2019, 03:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I reported to my dealer before here

Quick Reply: Volume difference between Media and Radio