Audi Q8 Discussion forums for the Audi Q8 SUVs

Window Seal Leak? Slow throttle response from stop?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Seal Leak? Slow throttle response from stop?

New Q8 owner here, I picked up the car on Friday and immediately took it for a road trip from San Diego to Mammoth Mountain. Overall, I love the car and am very happy with my purchase.

Two things I've noticed during my short time with the car that have raised flags:
1) Starting from stop, the car is extremely slow. Off the line, a light push of the peddle will only provide the slightest of feedback after what feels like seconds. A little disconcerting at times. Not sure whether this can be attributed to Turbo lag?
2) I hand washed my car for the first time after the road trip and noticed that traces of water made it to the inside of the windows. It wasn't a lot, but certainly enough to be noticeable. Has anyone else experience this? Should I bring this up to the dealer? The car is only 4 days old, so i'm certainly surprised to see that the seals aren't keeping the water out from my garden hose.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by KhoffQ8
New Q8 owner here, I picked up the car on Friday and immediately took it for a road trip from San Diego to Mammoth Mountain. Overall, I love the car and am very happy with my purchase.

Two things I've noticed during my short time with the car that have raised flags:
1) Starting from stop, the car is extremely slow. Off the line, a light push of the peddle will only provide the slightest of feedback after what feels like seconds. A little disconcerting at times. Not sure whether this can be attributed to Turbo lag?
2) I hand washed my car for the first time after the road trip and noticed that traces of water made it to the inside of the windows. It wasn't a lot, but certainly enough to be noticeable. Has anyone else experience this? Should I bring this up to the dealer? The car is only 4 days old, so i'm certainly surprised to see that the seals aren't keeping the water out from my garden hose.
There’s a thread on #1. It’s the Auto S/S, turn it off or use Sport mode. Big difference. Someone’s rear lift gate leaked water haven’t seen door seal issue yet. Some issues are starting to pop up here now which is unfortunate but brand new models are never perfect. I found a new problem today, I’ll post it up later. Good luck.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think the window seal seepage you noted is normal. I've taken mine through the touchless wash more than 6 times and never experienced any water ingress.