Audi R8 Discussion forum for the Audi R8 and its variants

Why I’m Pi$$ed at Audi Today.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why I’m Pi$$ed at Audi Today.

I ordered a 2018 R8 Plus in August of 2017. I was told that the car would be ready “around the holidays”. Ultimately, the delivery date was revised to March 2018. That’s not the bad part.

In early November, I received a communication from Audi stating that my car was slotted for production the week of thanksgiving. Great news! The build was finished just before December.

My mdealer told me that it should arrive the week before Christmas. Oops, he located the wrong car, should be first week of January.

Yesterdsy, they call and tell me that the 2018 R8 has not yet been certified for sale in the US. My car is still in Germany! Any R8 that made it to the US ports are just sitting there and can’t be delivered to their owners.

Why isn’t anyone talking about this?

maybe I just go for the s
Old 01-13-2018, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

2018 Delivery Date
Old 01-14-2018, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you think someone is out to get you? or can you just chalk it up to bureaucratic and governmental nonsense? I dont think being PISSED is going to change when you get your car, not one iota! Take it easy, patience is a virtue remember? People that stress out all the time are tomorrow's heart attack and stroke victims. What kind of tomorrow do you want to have? Peace.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Stevereddy
Do you think someone is out to get you? or can you just chalk it up to bureaucratic and governmental nonsense? I dont think being PISSED is going to change when you get your car, not one iota! Take it easy, patience is a virtue remember? People that stress out all the time are tomorrow's heart attack and stroke victims. What kind of tomorrow do you want to have? Peace.
Thank you, spiritual leader.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Message from Spiritual Leaderu

Thank you for the compliment, after seventy years on this planet I actually have learned a thing or two. So let me think, if you got two or three times as "pissed would it affect change?
Old 01-14-2018, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you for the compliment, after seventy years on this planet I actually have learned a thing or two. So let me think, if you got two or three times as "pissed would it affect change?
During my 40 years of doing business, I’ve never dreamed that I might tell a client that “We have no information” when they inquired about a sizable order. It might be ok with you, but it’s not with me. I’m impressed that you are emotionless, though. Congratulations.