Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'02 S6 Avant Bose problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '02 S6 Avant Bose problem

Don't know if it's the HU or amp - Stock Symphony - Bose system - Sometimes complete right (F&R) side goes out - cycle on/off switch - Ign sw - then system works fine - recently left side went out - and has not come back. Is it the HU or amp - Any help would be appreciated - links to component locations - wiring schematics - Thanks in advance - NUW
Old 09-12-2010, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

to me it sounds like a amp problem. send me the vin and i can check where it is located. i think it is in the radio though and if it is in the radio then you might be in luck. my friend just bought a stock bose radio front the dealer for under $50.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

WAUXU54B22N060148
Old 09-12-2010, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

ok so i have the wiring diagram for your car but i dont know how to attach it to this reply. do you want to give me you email address. the amp is on the right rear speaker also
Old 09-12-2010, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 02 S6 radio wiring

ok so i think i figured it out let me know it you got the diagram
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
02 S6 radio wining.pdf (286.6 KB, 250 views)
Old 09-12-2010, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Clint - I spent the $13.00 and bought the audio diagrams from 'Mobilinformationlabs' which were great - good folks delivered what they said they would on time! Anyway, with the diagrams I isolated the HU line-in pins at the accessible Bose amp - (right rear cargo cover) - and determined all four inputs were receiving signal - Removed the amp connector - found some corrosion, cleaned - reinstalled - tested - no difference in sound - right side was dead - Removed amp - disassembled Amp Unit cover - found slight corrosion on one of the 5 channel chips between the pins @ the connection to the main board - cleaned the pins - re assembled - tested and listened to a great CD - (Pierre Bensusan) on all speakers, while sipping a fantastic brew ( AleSmith-Speedway Porter)! Guess that corrosion isn't limited to just the sun-roof leakage on the S6! - But what a really fun ride!! - Really enjoy 'playing' with some of the 'ego' cars here in Del Mar on the 5 & 805 - (911 - M3's) with my Golden Retriever sitting in the passenger seat - smiling, while this black station wagon taunts them down the on-ramp - 'round the exit ramps! - Pure unadulterated fun!! - Guess that's why this model -S/RS/6 avant has a place in Jenson Button's garage!

I just needed the nudging that you gave me - to delve into finding out the problem was- It looks like you are a new member to AudiWorld - like I am - It's good to know that there is knowledgeable - interested help out there - I've been an Audi owner- enthusiast since '84 with my first coupe - Nice to know that there are others out there with some interest in helping - other than just bolt on's - Take good care - B