Audio, Video and Security Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMI with Ipod/iphone - Extension cable out of AMI area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMI with Ipod/iphone - Extension cable out of AMI area?

I'm waiting on a new Q7 and am simply drooling over a really nicely integrated ipod/iphone solution after dealing with a v1 ice-link set-up in my Allroad that worked, but was not up to my required level of tech integration.

One thing i am not in love with is the need to keep the ipod/iphone in the center console attached to that short AMI cable -- that can't be any good for the phone reception when connected either

I have located a place that will make an ipod dock extension cable in custom lengths, and my plan is to (hopefully) connect the female end to the AMI and run the extension cable (somehow) out of the AMI area and run it along the right side of the center console, under the steering column/dash and alongside the driver door and dash (near fusebox) to a ProClip mount over left-side driver air vent. This way i can mount my selection of ipods (don't ask) and iphone easily into the DICE dock as i enter and exit the car.

Can someone reply if they know of an easy way to run a cable out of the Q7 AMI area? - I can figure out the rest.

Thanks.<ul><li><a href="http://cablejive.com/customextendercable.html">iPod Dock extension cable</a></li></ul>