Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes
Old 08-19-2002, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I have the same amp. Do you have the older 603x or the new X603?

It's probably something with the signal cables. Are they an authorized Xtant dealer? I saw you said they were having trouble locating the crossover chip on the amp....that shouldn't happen. Xtant makes a great amplifier. It is definitely as good as if not better than the JL 500/5. I looked at both of those when I bought mine, but went with the Xtant for other reasons. I hope they know what they are doing and don't mess up your car....seen too many people have stereos installed and installers **** something up.

Good luck man and if you have any question about your xtant and my setup, email me or IM me at the4drassassin.
Old 08-19-2002, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

New
Old 08-21-2002, 01:10 PM

Default What do you mean they are trying to locate...

a crossover chip, there should be one inside of the amp...Also, switching out amps won't solve the problem unless the amp is missing a feature that would allow you to hook it up to the factory system, which I don't think is the case. XTANT MAKES AWESOME AMPS! No doubt...
Old 08-21-2002, 07:40 PM

Default I still wouldn't switch amps...

The Xtant amps are great for highs/mids... Check the crossovers on the amp...also...the speakers you are using...The Boston Pro Components really don't produce that much midrange...that is the speaker, not the amp...For more midrange, try either Diamond M651, maybe MB Quarts ( slight increase in midrange ), etc...You can also try switching out midrange drivers, if for some reason you really like the tweets...By the way Boston uses basically the same tweeter as MB Quart...There is only one supplier in Germany that makes those titanium tweeters...
Old 08-21-2002, 07:55 PM

Default The problem does not have to do with the stock head...

While replacing the stock head will improve SQ dramatically, especially because the factory Audi stereos play in MONO...The stock HU will work fine, it's really not that bad for stock...The problem has to lie in the wiring...the amps/speaks/subs are of good quality, so you can make it sound good...The problem is most likely the high/low converter, ...or because you are using line-level inputs? Check these...if that is not the problem, then, is the power wire and RCA's ran on opposite sides of the car...Make sure it is independently grounded, and that it has a good ground...I am assuming the power wire is of thick enough guage, right?...But, all in all, CHECK THE WIRING, ask the installer what the problem is...What did he do?...THE SECRET TO A GOOD SOUNDING AUDIO SYSTEM IS THE INSTALLATION...it's all about the install...GOOD AUDIO EQUIPMENT WON"T SOUND GOOD UNLESS IT IS INSTALLED PROPERLY...