Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

question for water blade users...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 09:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question for water blade users...

i just started using the water blade. so far i dig how much drying time is saved, but i have yet to settle on a technique.

last week i sheeted, misted with instant detailer (lube) and then bladed. followed that with a mist of wax as u dry (to help maintain P21s) and a super absorber to remaing surface water.

this seems to be slightly faster, if not easier than the 'ole cotton towel / absorber technique...

what do you think?
Old 11-10-2005, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whatever works for you.

I don't get the idea of misting with detailer before you blade. "Lube"? I've never needed to lubricate the surface to make the blade work well. Seems to me that on a dark car this strategy would guarantee visible streaking, which you'd then have to get rid of with a step to follow. Why not just dry the car off and then use some detailer spray in the normal way? At least that way you aren't wasting spray by spraying it on and then blading most of it off.

I blade and follow with a cotton towel. I tried using an Absorber, but I didn't like it.

But as I said in the subject line, whatever works for you.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I was a blade user...

until I realized that I wasn't saving much time in the drying step. Now, I get great results by using my hose in a "sheeting rinse" (letting the water run out of the hose without the nozzle onto the car, amazing at how much water it carries away in the process) in the final, overall rinse, and then using my MF towels as usual to dry. Also, I could never get over the notion that the blade might be dragging something across the finish that I might have missed in the rinse.
I now dry my bathroom shower with the CA Water Blade!