Auto Detailing Discussion Discussion forum for the in's and out's of properly detailing your ride

For those looking to try something different -->

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those looking to try something different -->

Sorry in advance for the long post....lotsa information here...not sure if anyone will even read through it but I figured I'd post anyways for the archives.

For any of you closet detailers out there I figured I would pass along my recommendation as far as products go. I know there are alot of Zaino nutz out there so don't take this as a bash because zaino is great! I never thought this stuff could live up to the hype of zaino but IMHO its much better.

Anyways here goes. Its called Finish First made by LiquiTech. Its not very popular in the mainstream crowd but it is very much the same type of product that Zaino is, and I'm sure everyone has heard of Zaino. To be honest I'm not sure why FinishFirst isn't more known. I used to swear by Zaino but was turned on by a friend, in the detailing business, to Finish First. He explained that it was better, cheaper, alot easier to apply, and lasted longer than Zaino....I didn't believe it until I tried it and I haven't looked back since. I actually have a full kit of zaino in my garage thats been sitting there for a year or so.

Anyways enough of that...here is the scoop.

You can purchase the products from the following places:
<a href="http://www.finishfirstpolish.com">FinishFirstPolish</a>
or
<a href="http://www.seeitshine.com/order.htm">SeeItShine</a>

The SeeItShine website is a bit cheaper but I have ordered from both and they are both legit websites and very quick delivery and great to work with.

For starters I would recommend the following products:

Finish First Polish (Main product that does all the work)
Finish First Conditioner &amp; Wash (Car Wash Solution, it goes fast)
Finish Fast (This is similar to the Z7 quick Polish)
If you have swirls I would recommend 3m Swirl Remover

For those of you with older finishes or finishes in bad shape you may want to order the Finish Prep as well. This cleans the paint and removes oxidation and does a very good job of it. Although on newer paint its not really needed.

Basically once you strip your previous coats of wax (Dawn), then use the conditioner to wash it down. Make sure its good and dry and Then just go at it with the Finish First Polish (or if your using Finish Prep then use it first). I usually do two coats right on top of each other. Its super easy to apply and its not anywhere nearly as quirky as Zaino and doesn't cause streaks. It takes 15 mins to cure so there is no need for ZFX like Zaino. The more coats of polish the better.

The wax lasts forever and to get it looking good again just simply wash it down with the conditioner. Or if your in a hurry just use the Finish Fast to remove any bugs, road grime, bird crap or whatever else might be stuck to your paint. It does an awesome job of removing anything without hurting your paint. You can even use the Finish Fast on your windows to remove water spots or other crud..&gt;Works very well.

Oh and for best results use a Terry Cloth pad for application and for removal use a terry cloth towl or microfiber. You can pick both of these up at Target or Advanced auto for a couple bucks. You pretty much have to throw away the applicator pads for the Finish First Polish since I have found NO way to get it out after it has dried. I've soaked them for days in everything I can think of. That goes to show you how durable this stuff is.

Anyways I think thats about it for Finish First. If you have any questions feel free to ask. BTW: I'm not affiliated with any of them...just an impressed customer.

I told a local friend of mine about it and he was pretty impressed.... <a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/msgs/122807.phtml">Read Here</a>