Argh!! got a speeding ticket! - help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 03:31 AM
LOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Argh!! got a speeding ticket! - help!!

on the ticket it says I am speeding @65km/h in a 50 zone.

so i have to pay $52.50

my question is, will anything happen to my insurance? will $ goes up just for getting a ticket?

i was really doing 75km, i 'think' the cop has a laser gun? when i saw his car hiding under the tree, it was too late to slow down...
Old 10-20-2003, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If you are from Mtl area, 1 point won't make your license or insurance to go up.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:14 AM
YS4
AudiWorld Super User

Default just go to the hearing, the judge may take the points off...

will only take 30 mins of your time. My wife got a ticket a couple months ago. I think it was a $60 fine, but the judge reduced it to $30 when i went on her behalf.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:47 AM

Default Fight Your Speeding Tickets website

might be of help. Canadian oriented content.<ul><li><a href="http://www.magma.ca/~fyst/">FYST</a></li></ul>
Old 10-20-2003, 10:56 AM

What province?
Old 10-20-2003, 11:11 AM
LOT

Default Ontario - 2nd offence in 2 years i think

my friends suggested that I should fight any speeding ticket?
Old 10-20-2003, 12:29 PM

Default It's just the fine, no points taken (more)

You could go to court and see if the cop shows up. If he doesn't, you win. On the other hand, I'm not sure the judge is going to let you go with nothing, not even the 52 bux. It's a minor offece, true. Anyway, for some good info see www.pointts.com.
Old 10-20-2003, 01:31 PM

Default First, MikeTO is right, there aren't any points for <= 15 over.

Second, I don't really have anything concrete to offer, even though I've been looking into this myself, so if you want anything more solid than rumor and conjecture, then quit reading now. But if you're interested, I'll offer up what I've found out so far in ongoing fight of a 129 in an 80 ticket that I'm in the middle of right now. Perhaps in another month I'll have more to say -- my next court date is in November, but so far, I'd say that $50 &amp; 0 points is probably not worth the effort required to fight it, especially if you have something better to do with your time.

Although I don't really believe it, I've heard from someone who used to work in insurance that insurance companies can't even find out about the fine-only tickets. You can take that for whatever you think it's worth. I've also heard that insurance companies have to actively search for your driving record (and pay when they do it) - so it's something that they normally do only when you're changing companies or sometimes when buying a new car (especially if it's a sports car). Your insurance company might not even check your driving record again while this ticket is still on your record. Again, you may not want to take this as 100% fact. There's part of me that hopes they find out somehow about the careless drivers/repeat offenders/multiple offences without having to actively search for it.

On the other hand, it can be good to fight any ticket - especially if your driving habits might make you prone to getting more - if you can get off on the first ones, then the subsequent ones don't immediately make you a repeat offender &amp; it may help you down the road somewhere.

Sorry I can't be of more help (also because I'd really like to know the facts myself).
-Matt.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:47 AM
LOT

Default think i will go to court, hope the officier won't come...

just don't want this minor offence lead to an increase insurance payment :/
Old 10-21-2003, 08:21 AM

It should not increase your insurance as long as no points are taken.

Quick Reply: Argh!! got a speeding ticket! - help!!