Did I ever say I hate SUVs???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I ever say I hate SUVs???

So I leave coffee tonight a little early to put on the roof rack as a buddy and I are heading up north to go skiing (and the bloody thing took longer than expected).

Anyways heading home going north on the 404, this SUV ahead of me attempts to make a lane change to the right I'm guessing and does it too quickly. I was well behind which was a good thing. Back end kicks out and now he's pointed straight to the left concrete divider. I'm thinking he's going to nail the wall dead on and there's going to be mayhem everywhere. Brake lights are on everywhere and two other cars are fish tailing as they avoided him.

Somehow, this guy (yes it was a guy driving as I took a look at him as I drove by him slowly) rotates on a dime and is now pointing in the other direction and cuts across three lanes of traffic, with an Integra nearly t-boning him.

Somehow (again) the SUV recovers and is now driving straight like a normal vehicle should be on a three lane highway. He's driving a lot slower than anybody else as he probably pissed himself.

This looked like a newer Envoy and does have stability control. It looked like it sucks. Or a combination of the driver over-estimating the "handling" of the clumsy SUV, weight and mediocre tires.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:18 PM

Default I hate SUV drivers

They think they are invincible and have the nicest ride on the road.

Stupid people should drive pintos. Help reduce the stupid population
Old 01-26-2007, 11:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default In the snow tonight on the 401, there were an impressive number of tire tracks that wandered off the

left lane, made a sharp angle near the concrete median, and straightened out again.

I only wish I were there to witness them being made.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Speaking of SUVs, check out what happens to this carjacker. It's not pretty...

<ul><li><a href="http://www.tripleplate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5595">http://www.tripleplate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5595</a</li></ul>
Old 01-27-2007, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He should've crashed, now he thinks he's invulnerable and he'll keep doing that ****.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Holy ****!!! that guy is dead for sure.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'd say that's a pretty safe bet. He was probably dead prior to his short flight.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

"On average, seat belts reduce hospital bills by $5000." Understatement of the century.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

many idiot drivers think they are better than ESP and turn it off
Old 01-27-2007, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default Amen!

Going up to Tahoe for a bit of skiing, you always see boneheads in SUVs in trouble if weather is bad.

One guy in a Ford Xtra cab on bling chrome all days (24 inch) and obviously summer tires was just past the chain point, facing across the road because his truck slid down the banking of the road surface. Nose first in the bank in the other side, spinning wheels. Traffic backing up to h*ll and back.

Quick Reply: Did I ever say I hate SUVs???