Old 01-30-2009, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My A5 should be delivered by end of April. Ends up being 5 months wait
Old 01-30-2009, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default That will be a good way to usher in Spring driving

My A4 arrives in late March but I am holding on delivery until mid-April so I can roll away from the dealer on summer tires. That will be 11 months wait!
Old 01-31-2009, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Saw one today. Looked beautiful! Awesome car. If I was you I would be biting my fingernails off

hehehe

Silver lining: You should miss winter entirely...and all the associated stone chips.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: That will be a good way to usher in Spring driving

Why such a long wait for the A4? I see them everywhere and they seem to be a lot at the dealerships.

What are the specs of your order? I heard that no 6 speed is available (What a waste)

I saw an A4 S-Line the night I signed and it looked sweet.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default convoluted story

My B6 A4 lease was up in May, and I was still trying to decide if I keep the B6 or go for the B8. So I placed an order for manual B8 knowing that I can cancel it before it got built, and even before signing. B8s were arriving in Aug/Sept at that time, and because Audi doesn't release order guides or pricing until the last possible moment, that gave me an exit strategy. I talked with my dealer and we agreed that if the pricing was not going to fit, then I would just buy out my lease. So we extended my lease by 6 months, which you can do.

At that point I was going to be the second one in the city with a B8, and the first with a manual.

At some point, I think July, order guides were finally released and that was when we found out that manuals were being delayed - I think October/November was the first delay date.

Then it became delayed until January. This was now into the territory of being outside of my already extended lease.

And THEN it became clear that they were not going to be even building manuals for the North American market until December/January (keep in mind that in Europe and Australia, manuals have been available since launch). So now the car was going to arrive March. I was now looking at 3+ months without any car (one car family).

My brother had been trying to sell his B8 S4 since summer but because of (at the time) high gas prices and 140,000km, nobody was biting. So I made an arrangement with him to take care of his car during my wait.

And so I turned in my B6 A4 lease, started driving the S4 and settled in for the wait. My car was ordered in the first batch of manuals and it is now built and arriving at Europe port. The car will actually arrive in third week of March. Because we will be at the tail of winter, and the car is coming with summer performance tires, I am delaying accepting the car until mid-April when the snow is gone and temps are up. Plus I don't feel cheated because I AM driving an S4 while I wait!
Old 02-01-2009, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Got It! It's too bad there is such a delay for the manual A4.