NHL Playoffs

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NHL Playoffs

Anyone else excited about the playoffs?

Calgary beat the Predators last night. If we don't screw up and let Colorado catch us this might be the 1st round matchup...not sure what will happen in the west as the Ducks and Predators are fantastic. After that I think anyone can walk out of the west.

How are you guys feeling in Toronto and Montreal? Ottawa looks good and Vancouver has been on a tear lately.

GO FLAMES GO!!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:26 AM

Fark. Dont think TO is gonna make it again!. MO is out as well.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Fark. Dont think TO is gonna make it again!. MO is out as well.

It looks like there is still a chance...just need to grind it out for the last few games.

If we could get Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver into the first round I think my wife would be ready for a divorce! The only Canadian team we would be missing is the Oilers...
Old 03-23-2007, 06:36 AM

I wouldnt lose any sleep if Ottawa fell flat on their faces!
Old 03-23-2007, 06:38 AM

Default Re: I wouldnt lose any sleep if Ottawa fell flat on their faces!

Ha ha!! You must be from T.O?

Who do you hate more Montreal or Ottawa? We used to hate the Oilers but now the Canucks make me sick...
Old 03-23-2007, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ottawa, by far. (oh, did I jump in). I can respect Montreal fans; they have a

storied history etc, etc.

The Sens just seem to be whiners - captain on down.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I always like watching it

Calgary won't make it out of the first round unless they shape up. They have the potential to go deep, but have to learn to play away from Calgary. Vancouver, Detroit, Anaheim, Nashville all look really good, could be some tight long series.

The east, I think there could be some surprises. I'd like to see Montreal or Toronto in 8th and take out Buffalo first round...man I hate that team. NJ if they get healthy could go deep, can't bet against Brodeur. Pens/Sens first round should be pretty good, go Pens!
Old 03-23-2007, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

second!
Old 03-23-2007, 07:32 AM

Default Re: I always like watching it

You must be from Vancouver. Amazing what a goalie can do for a team. Too bad Luongo wasn't around when the Canucks had an amazing team. I think they had a shot at the cup a couple of years ago when Calgary beat them in 7 and went all the way to the finals. If Luongo was around it might have been a different story.

I agree the Flames need to clean things up. We need to start with defence and the goals will come with all the talent here. They are a different team in the playoffs and I think they will elevate their game. We beat Detroit and Nashville back to back so the Flames can hold their own with anyone. I don't see Vancouver or Detroit going very far in the playoffs. Teams like Calgary will pound the little European forwards and they will cave. When you look at the Predators and Ducks they are way to big and deep for a Detroit or Vancouver to handle over 7 games.

I love my Flames but I am very worried...
Old 03-23-2007, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Eleventieth!