TOO FAR. Go back to your homeland to pull this sh!t.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You're missing one key poine.

Canada IS their country.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Counterpoint

Sikhs, even those who wear Turbans, do not wear them while swimming or playing sports.

Sikh kids in India do not carry real daggers to school, only ceremonial ones.

In many ways, Sikhs in Canada are more orthodox than those in India - not sure why that is, maybe they are trying hard to assert their identity because they are in a minority situation.

I understand that. When I studied in Sweden for 4 months, I became more "Canadian" than I am at home. Does that make sense?
Old 02-18-2008, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Don't think so dude! I'm neither French or English, I am a Canadian albeit of French descendants...

I'm not the one asking for "special privileges" under a religious pretext.

I don't care where you are from or who you are, if you don't like the Canadian laws and wish not to obey them, then perhaps that someone should move to another country that allow for ones privileges.

He really doesn't have far to go you know. Tell him to look south where in some states it is legal to ride without a helmet.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not my problem what others think about the french language in Canada. Two nations, England and...

France explored, built and went to war over this country hundreds of years ago and there are two official languages in Canada since then.

Blame Wolf and the English government at the time for keeping the french culture and language alive.

It's pretty funny how some countries like Switzerland have three if not four official languages and no one there makes a big fuss about it. Europe is moving in a direction that all the countries part of the union should teach at least three languages in he future.

It's pretty sad how the Canadian Anglos demand and expect services in English in Quebec but resent of the idea of this being reversed for francophones outside Quebec.

Please don't lecture me on the languages debate because I've seen it all.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah that pretty much sums it up, IMO.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I believe the point is that you can only bring so much heritage with you when you're going to a

country that already has some.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:58 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default While I think that education of different ideas about a higher being should be taught in schools

I am not entirely comfortable about teaching a single point of view to everyone. Sure, from a historical point of view, that is fine. But in the end, each person is their own being and answerable to God.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's all about accountability. It has nothing to do with religion, race, or gender IMHO.

If one group is set apart as special, then we all have that same right as we are unique and nobody can dictate our personal creed. So in the end, we must all bear the responsiblity of our actions.

Sign a waiver that absolves others for one's own actions, and all is good. All I ask is that people take responsibility for their own choices.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/canada/msgs/122293.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/canada/msgs/122293.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 02-19-2008, 12:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Aren't you eloquent. We all need more intelligent comments like this...No? LOL
Old 02-19-2008, 03:48 AM

Default Who are you to say mowhaks arnt part of some religion.

You can just start one up. Based on no actualy hard facts. Isnt that how most religions start? Oh how I really really want to believe that the earth was built in 6.. no 7... no was it 8 days? Or was it billions?

Quick Reply: TOO FAR. Go back to your homeland to pull this sh!t.