Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

AW thanks for disbanding our little family here. NICE WORK!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the looks of things, most of the information will be found on the new forum.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default previous posters....

odd comment - most of us here were posters not lurkers on the previous format ... our posting numbers reflect that
Old 03-17-2009, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

And as sikidmark shows here people should be a little patient

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2743778
Old 03-17-2009, 10:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I have been on this format with the Corvette group, Adventure Rider, and to be honest the Adv rider works, but the Z06vette is now slow, and turn into a pain, over time...

Well see.

I'm old and change is becoming harder.

Mark.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Whats everybody upset about? Ive been gone for a few weeks and I see the new format... Mark help me out here - why are people pissed?
Old 03-18-2009, 03:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yes, it's defined by its users...some of whom have given us a choice.

Originally Posted by Judge AR
I think the users that are leaving, badmouthing, and just not giving it a chance are just as much to blame. This board was always defined by its users and substance, not its format.
Stay here and deal with this Vb abomination after we warned IN not to do it or go as a group to www.quattroworld.com where we can have the exact same community in the old format run by a group of dedicated Audi enthusiasts, not a company that just buys websites for profit.

Seems like a no-brainer to me...
Old 03-18-2009, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 04 allroad
IMHO the old format was better in the respect that you can read everything at a glance and the new format is better because you can quickly see what thread has been revived by a new response.
- 04 allroad
Using the "Track Thread?" feature in Kawf does the same thing, with the added bonus of only reviving the threads that you are or were interested in, not every single thread that gets bumped or revived, as with vB.

Yes, I have made the other forum my new "home", however, I will stop back here from time to time, just to see how the community has changed.

Last edited by WECoyote-SuperGenius; 03-18-2009 at 05:14 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Judge AR
I think the users that are leaving, badmouthing, and just not giving it a chance are just as much to blame. This board was always defined by its users and substance, not its format.
Two things:

(1) People have been noting, over and over, that while the board IS founded on its members and their contributions, vB doesn't allow interaction in the same way or anywhere near as efficiently as Kawf did. THAT is what everyone is up in arms about.

(2) Have you noticed that, almost exclusively, the only folks coming to the defense of the new AW are either spanking new members (100K+ UIDs), or folks with low post counts who likely didn't post largely because they weren't a fan of the old format? The old guard is gone; AW is going to end up populated almost entirely by these new members and will become a second Audizine.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Internet Brands

Originally Posted by ModifiedA4
vB sucks, and because of that years of work and contributions have been destroyed, here is an example:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=288832

that thread is now 50+ pages long. with KawF it was one page, indexed and easy to use. NOT chronologically ordered. Users were able to update it in an organized fashion. It was completely open, and self regulated. Pretty much the ultimate compendium on the internet for B5 A4 owners.
I am not sure if you have changed the settings, but if you change your options to threaded view, it is still on one page like it was on Kawf
Old 03-18-2009, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by IB Adrian
I am not sure if you have changed the settings, but if you change your options to threaded view, it is still on one page like it was on Kawf
It's not at all like Kawf. The forum page is not threaded, and thats the important part.

Quick Reply: AW thanks for disbanding our little family here. NICE WORK!