Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 02:00 PM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by MY01_2.7T
What is up with the change to everything in bold??
Try hitting Forum Tools, Mark this Forum Read. What do you get? When I use this tool, everything went to Read where nothing was in Bold.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bpd
Specific section Im monitoring is A6 C7. Just like the MY01 states, everything is in BOLD, try hitting Mark Forum is Read, only about the top 10-15 are not in bold, but everything below is still in BOLD and its old stuff that should not be in BOLD until the new format came out. I can go to pg 13 and everything is in BOLD, which is older stuff that was never in BOLD. Thx for checking.
I am logged in and when I select Mark Forum as Read it also only marks the top 7-10 threads (it's different each time). All the rest are bold. When I close my browser (Chrome) and reopen AudiWorld all threads are bold again.
Edit: I have found that sometimes when I log in and select Mark Forum as Read none of the threads mark as read. All threads stay bold.

I tried this in IE and when I selected Mark Forum as Read only the first thread cleared.

Other than this minor inconvenience, I like it.

Last edited by trmills; 07-06-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:32 PM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the additional information on the read/unread thread issue, guys. We were able to isolate the cause of the problem and it should now be resolved. If you still see any threads remaining bold when they shouldn't be, please let me know.

Originally Posted by Bozman5000
On another note, would it be possible to automatically go to the first unread post when clicking on the thread link instead of the tiny down the arrow in front of the thread title? About a third of the time on my iPad I end up accidentally clicking the thread starters name which takes me to their profile.
This would unfortunately require a rather large change to how thread links work as a whole, which could cause confusion for others. However, we do offer a bit of a workaround for the issue you're describing. When the thread first loads, there's a "View First Unread" button along the top bar. Clicking this will take you directly to your first unread post. Here's where you can find it:

Old 07-06-2017, 03:28 PM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

All looks good now. Thanks for taking care of the read/unread issue.
Old 07-07-2017, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
Thanks for the additional information on the read/unread thread issue, guys. We were able to isolate the cause of the problem and it should now be resolved. If you still see any threads remaining bold when they shouldn't be, please let me know.

This would unfortunately require a rather large change to how thread links work as a whole, which could cause confusion for others. However, we do offer a bit of a workaround for the issue you're describing. When the thread first loads, there's a "View First Unread" button along the top bar. Clicking this will take you directly to your first unread post. Here's where you can find it:

Strange, I don't have that option.
Attached Thumbnails Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!-img_0523.png  
Old 07-07-2017, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go Back One Page

Cursor position on "go Back one Page" arrow is very erratic.
Old 07-07-2017, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Don't like it....makes finding information much harder especially when you scroll down/up and things populate and you miss posts due to things being 'pushed' off the page.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think its really cool... love the look.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:32 AM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the continuing feedback, everyone. Please keep it coming!

Originally Posted by Bozman5000
Strange, I don't have that option.
Please try scrolling down the page slightly. As soon as the top logo starts traveling down the page with you, the button should appear.

Originally Posted by Poodlefire
Cursor position on "go Back one Page" arrow is very erratic.
Could you please elaborate on this a bit? What specifically happens when you move your cursor over the button? Also, if you could please let me know what browser you're using, that'll help us better isolate the issue. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Spartan-S5
Don't like it....makes finding information much harder especially when you scroll down/up and things populate and you miss posts due to things being 'pushed' off the page.
Is the "pushing" issue one you've mostly experienced in threads with lots of photos, or are you seeing it in threads that only contain text too?
Old 07-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

its great except that it runs the thread I am viewing into another "related" thread that is never what I want to see!!!!