Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Introducing Infinite Scroll - Please Share Your Feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 05:04 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dp741
its great except that it runs the thread I am viewing into another "related" thread that is never what I want to see!!!!
I think it only does that if you're not logged in.. I don't see it going to "related" now, I did happen to see it on my garage computer earlier though.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Jason, one thing I haven't seen mentioned is the line spacing in the post body. I find the new closer spacing harder to read than it was before the changes.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poodlefire
Cursor position on "go Back one Page" arrow is very erratic.
Using Firefox. After reading a message, frequently (but not always) clicking "go back one page" button does not return to master messages page. After 2 or more clicks, eventually works.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:14 PM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Currently, related threads appear to both logged in and logged out users. However, they do not appear on all threads - only ones that have relevant, related content. In an upcoming update, we plan to further distinguish related threads from your chosen thread so you can easily tell where the conversation you're reading ends and the next one begins.

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Jason, one thing I haven't seen mentioned is the line spacing in the post body. I find the new closer spacing harder to read than it was before the changes.
Hopefully this wording makes sense, but are you specifically referring to the spacing in between each post's "box" (i.e. the area that contains your post, username, avatar, signature, etc.) or just the spacing of the post text against the top of that box?

Using Firefox. After reading a message, frequently (but not always) clicking "go back one page" button does not return to master messages page. After 2 or more clicks, eventually works.
Thanks for the clarification. The "Prev" and "First" buttons are specifically mapped to the number of pages in a given thread. For example, if you're on page 3 of a thread, hitting "Prev" will take you to the second page, then hitting it again will take you back once more to page 1. If you wish to go back to the list of threads in the forum, we offer a link directly above the thread title at the top of the page. Just click the name of the forum and you'll be sent there directly. Here's how it looks on this thread:

Old 07-10-2017, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Jason
Hopefully this wording makes sense, but are you specifically referring to the spacing in between each post's "box" (i.e. the area that contains your post, username, avatar, signature, etc.) or just the spacing of the post text against the top of that box?

I'm specifically referring only to the line spacing in the post body text (the pixel space between lines of posted text). An additional pixel between each line would make it more readable. The line spacing in the reply box is actually correct. (At least on Firefox).

Last edited by snagitseven; 07-10-2017 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:04 AM
jes
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dp741
its great except that it runs the thread I am viewing into another "related" thread that is never what I want to see!!!!
+1

If I go to a new thread that's long, I often skip to the end to see the latest posts. With infinite scroll, it scrolls through the entire forum! Either turn off infinite scroll (I will now) or turn off the related threads feature. IMHO the 2 features are incompatible... 😖
Old 07-11-2017, 10:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rkane
I mostly read this forum on a desktop monitor and really appreciate the current setup with page numbers. Particularly with threads that extend over 20, 30 , 40 or 50 pages I find it very helpful to be able to know the last page that I read and to continue reading from there. If you change it to one continuous scroll it's going to make it much harder to follow conversations that can't be read in one sitting.
This.

I'm new, but I don't like it (and I have quite a bit of vBulletin, etc experience). I like to know where the top and bottom of the page are, and I don't like a bunch more posts to suddenly load. I'd rather click next.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Sign in

Just noticed that when on my iPad the system requires me to sign in each time despite checking the keep signed in box.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
HI Tom,

Thanks for the kind words!

I must have either not seen the specific requests, or something else happened that distracted me that particular day. I'll increase your mailbox, no problem.

As for the Infinite Scroll, my laptop has no problems with it, it's not jumpy at all. Core I3 with 8gb ram, windows 7 64 bit, chrome. I'll keep poking around at different browsers, etc.
I also prefer using the site without the infinite scroll, i think majority would be happy with it but perhaps have an option to have it disabled for some who don't want to use it?

p.s with infinite scroll, there is no post response at the bottom of page, unless i am quoting someone - unless we never had that option here.
Old 07-12-2017, 02:56 PM
IB Staff

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I'm specifically referring only to the line spacing in the post body text (the pixel space between lines of posted text). An additional pixel between each line would make it more readable. The line spacing in the reply box is actually correct. (At least on Firefox).
Ah, thanks for clarifying. We actually have an update coming very soon that improves overall readability to more modern standards, including better line spacing. Stay tuned!

Originally Posted by jes
+1

If I go to a new thread that's long, I often skip to the end to see the latest posts. With infinite scroll, it scrolls through the entire forum! Either turn off infinite scroll (I will now) or turn off the related threads feature. IMHO the 2 features are incompatible... 😖
We still offer a couple ways to jump to the latest posts. When you first load the thread, clicking the "Last" button to the right of the page number will take you straight to the latest posts for that specific thread, just like in the pre-infinite scroll days. Alternatively, when you're browsing the list of threads in a forum, clicking one of the page numbers to the right of the thread's title will jump you to that particularly point in the thread, no scrolling needed.

As for related threads, they're treated as separate from the page count. So if you use either of the page number methods I mentioned above, you shouldn't be bumped into a related thread unwillingly.

Just noticed that when on my iPad the system requires me to sign in each time despite checking the keep signed in box.
We use a cookie to remember your login, so if you have those disabled on your iPad, that may be why you need to keep signing in. You can adjust your cookie setting by going to "Safari" inside your iPad's Settings app, then changing the "Block Cookies" option. Any choice besides "Always Block" should allow your login to be remembered.

Originally Posted by porksoda
I also prefer using the site without the infinite scroll, i think majority would be happy with it but perhaps have an option to have it disabled for some who don't want to use it?

p.s with infinite scroll, there is no post response at the bottom of page, unless i am quoting someone - unless we never had that option here.
If you haven't already done so, you can disable infinite scroll on your account by going to your User CP's Edit Options page and changing your Forum Skin setting to "Classic Next Gen" at the bottom of the page. But if you don't mind me asking, is there any specific reason why you feel this way?

Regarding the reply box at the bottom of the page,you can find it in infinite scroll under the "Quick Reply" button on the left side of the bottom bar. It'll then overlay along the lower portion of the screen, which allows you to now continue to scroll the thread as you type your reply. This can be useful if you're looking to reference a specific comment as you type out your response. You can also hide the box by clicking "Quick Reply" a second time.