Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Welcome to the new site.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-1999, 07:15 PM
Matt Daniels

Default Welcome to the new site.

Let me be the first to offically welcome you to the new site. Now you know why we haven't been updating the rest of the site very often for the past month or so.

A few things to point out on this new site.

1. We're 'offically' now an all Audi enthusiast site. And we've added a number of things to the site to show that.

2. We've designed the site for a minimum screen resolution of 800x600. If you're viewing it in 640x480 mode, you may be missing out on some features.

2. Use the top frame navigation to jump from section to section, this is like the old site, but when you roll over the 6 main links you will get an additional menu where you can select an option. I believe this feature only works in 4.+ browsers. If you are using an earlier browser or have your JavaScript turned off, then you will just be able to click on a section and go to the main page.

3. When you're in a section, use the left frame navigation to navigate thru that section.

4. Forums. We've added a number of them, most are for the rest of the Audi range, but we added the Performance forum and this Feedback forum also.

5. Forum size. It's already been reported that our left frame navigation makes takes up too much space for the forum. A few suggestions: a) If you can, resize your browser window to be larger. b) Open the forum frame in a new window. To do this, right mouse click (or click and hold if you're on a Mac) and then select "Open frame in new window". If we get a lot of complaints about the left frame on the forums, we may look into redesigning the frame for the forum.

6. What happened to the Image Gallery? The old image gallery can now be found in the A4 section of the Model Guide. The other models have image galleries too, but most photos are from press releases.

7. User Reviews section. As of this typing, there is one review in this section, but hopefully it will fill up fast. You can also submit your own reviews of the products you use.

I'm sure there are more items, but that's all I can think of for now.

Matt
Old 08-22-1999, 08:39 PM
Lewis

Default Frame in new window tip works

thanks for the suggestions for adjusting to the changes.
even if i don't resize to 600x800, opening the forum frame in a new browser window works well. I have my full screen of text preference, and i can easily get back to the nav frames when i need to.
lotsa work you've done; appreciate it.
lewis
Old 08-23-1999, 07:57 AM
Mark P

I've always opened in a new window - mere text (less colors and pics) is less conspicuous at work