Anyone have an iPod in Orlando that I could "test drive"?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have an iPod in Orlando that I could "test drive"?

I am about to take the iPod plunge, but wanted to use one for a couple of days to see how well they work. I am just suspicious of how great it is...and before I throw $300 away, I want to be sure.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone have an iPod in Orlando that I could "test drive"?

Christian, my fiance was interested in going that route, I told her about my Axim, pocket PC that does everything that an ipod will do. All you need is a SD card to make it work, it has built in Media Player and costs relatively the same. The units her and I have even have built in blue tooth and wi fi. Just a thought...
Old 01-07-2005, 07:20 AM

Default Just buy one. Nothing else comes close. The interface is years ahead of everything else. Would let

you borrow mine, but the wife stole it and I'm looking at getting another one.Wait until after the MacWorld Expo next week as rumor has it they are gonna announce a version with a bigger hard drive and the price of the current ones may go down.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Depends on what you want. I have never been impressed with the battery life.

They are kind of big compared to flash players and really don't work well if you plan on doing anything athletic with them. The interface is one of the better ones out there. However iTunes sucks.

Supposedly there is a rumor Apple is going to release a flash memory based player however it won't be based off of portal player.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:46 AM

Default I jog with mine all the time. So obviously you are getting the info second hand. iPods rule, stop

being a windows zealot!! ;-)
Old 01-07-2005, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default haters. windows lovers seem to enjoy anapod over itunes.

just a personal observation.

supposed 10 hr battery life lasted pretty much exactly that on a drive from gainesville to nashville a while back, 10hrs.

my original 5gb still works perfect after almost 3 yrs. 3G 15gb just showed up a couple of days ago, so i'm still waiting to give it a run.

still haven't found anything comparable to the ipod. and the recent write-up in men's health about ipods criticizing a certain retail store's knowledge was about the worst information i have heard from any reviewer anywhere. itunes rips in aac and mp3, and the player supports both, contrary to what the magazine said about it playing aac format only. only sony makes you use proprietary these days (atrac3).

and now morons on the internet spatting about how apple ripped off rio with a color screen??!?!?! wtf is wrong with people?
Old 01-07-2005, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default you definately need something...

I almost took out all your cd's in your door panel with my left foot when i went to get in your car the first time...
Old 01-07-2005, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default The best toy I bought last year

but don't be fooled, bu the time you have bought extra docks, cables and other bits to maximise it's use you will spend more!
Old 01-07-2005, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That is what I am using right now; Axim with 512 SD card

Works fine, but I would like to have thousands of my mp3s at my disposal.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

My sister, my dad and I both run with Rio's. The iPod is too heavy and an arm band doesn't work.

Quick Reply: Anyone have an iPod in Orlando that I could "test drive"?