Seeking "legal" advice - regarding my fender bender - a bit long

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking "legal" advice - regarding my fender bender - a bit long

Well here is my dilemma. Friday evening my car gets hit by a commercial truck from Campbell Mechanical. The driver pulls over behind me and very apologetic gives me his driver's license information but has no insurance information with him provided its a commercial vehicle. He calls his boss "Josh Campbell" and let's him know that he has been involve in an accident and explains the circumstances of the accident. The only three pieces of information that I'm able to get from the accident is the driver's license info, the truck license plate and Mr. Campbell's business card. I'm about mile and a half from the house so I really don't want to bother too much since it was obvious this person did not pay attention when he ran into me. I go home and call Mr. Campbell with 15 minutes from when the accident occurred. I talked to him and he was as well very apologetic about the incident. He assures me that he'll get me his insurance information and starts explaining that it's a new vehicle and that's why it did not have proof of insurance in it. I tell me that I'll be emailing him my contact information and pictures of where the truck collided with my car.
Here is what I email him Josh here are the pictures of the accident with the Truck Mr. Terceros was driving. Please forward me your insurance information so that I can get the estimates to you. I'll be using one of these two shops since they have done some paint work on my car and are one of the few that can match the color. They are Wagon Works (http://www.wagonwork.com) or First Choice Body Shop. The vehicle that was hit by your company vehicle is a 2001 Audi S4 Santorini blue. I hope the pictures help but if you need during the day light please let me know."
So to date this person has not contacted me. Should I give him until monday and if I do not here from him call him back? Should I call FFX police and report the accident, should I call my insurance and report the accident?
One thing I notice on the business card and website. There is no physical address of the company. The only thing I have are phone numbers and a PO Box.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I would report the accident with FFX ASAP to CYA. My concern would be...

that since you didn't get a accident report when the accident occurred. That other driver's story would change and try to place fault with you. I see no harm in getting the accident regardless. That is my $.02 and good luck.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:39 AM

Default Thanks

I think I can do it online but I'll check. More time wasted out of my valuable time.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:55 AM

Default Just called FFX police and they said if the person does not

provide me with the insurance then to give them a call. Not sure if the person was interested in filling out a police report today. So hopefully monday morning I'll be ready to get this resolve.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:57 AM

Default Campbell Mechanical

Office location:

13361 Lee Hwy
Centreville, VA 20121

Also listed in their legal filings:

2701 Wrexham Ct
Herndon, VA 20171-2405

Founded in 2003, they list 2 employees. Josh Campbell is listed as Managing Partner.

I agree that a police report will definitely work out in your favor. No need to build a wall against them, but the more you have documented, the less likely their story can change.<ul><li><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&amp;client=firefox-a&amp;q=13361+Lee+Hwy,+Centreville,+va&amp;ie=UTF8 &amp;split=0&amp;t=h&amp;z=16&amp;iwloc=addr">http ://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&amp;client=firefox-a&amp;q=13361+Lee+Hwy,+Centrevi
Old 01-18-2009, 09:24 AM

Default Thanks. found the same info. Sad is that it was Josh who I spoke with and he hasn't

bother getting back to me with the insurance info as he promised. I'll have to do the report tomorrow in person since FFX Police are too lazy in doing it today.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:38 AM

Keep in mind that it is a Saturday afternoon/Sunday... just call him Monday.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:36 AM

Default I think I was flexible enough the day of the accident in which they should have had the insurance

information. Also when you're at fault or your company is at fault there should be some level of responsibility. I think the guy is taking advantage of me. I have send him text and emails and still no response. I just called the office and his in but too busy to take my call. So at least I know he has received my communications. Sorry for the rant man but people who run companies like that are the ones that should mnot be in business. I have a high moral and ethical standard to be responsible. This guy is by far not responsible. He has a staff that can as well provide this information. Bottom line I leaning to take my bitching to court.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:28 AM

Default Here is my $.02 ...

I've been biten by the don't get the cops involved and the guy who hit me then basically fvcked me over and I got nothing out of it. My incident was at a gas station and the guy seemed somewhat drunk which I really why I should have called the cops but I was too nice and stupid. In your case, the lack of insurance info with the vehicle was a huge red flag that should have said lets call the cops. Its an unfortunate live and learn situation. Sorry this has happened to you and hopefully it will all work out in the end.

So my advice to all is to get the cops involved immediately if you find yourself in a similar situation.