hey...just wondering how bad the streets are around downtown Minneapolis during the winter...any

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 06:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey...just wondering how bad the streets are around downtown Minneapolis during the winter...any

need for snow tires? any of you just run the same tires all year round????...i've got some 225/40/18 p-zero rossos right now ...thanks in advance
Old 06-15-2003, 10:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Piggie.. you're nuts.

I didn't get to meet you when you were here workin' on Matt's S4. When are you coming again?

Depending on which streets you're driving on, you're ok IF IT HASN'T SNOWED for *at least* a week. PZeros would be murder in the snow. The guys that run the tires all year round are running all seasons. Too many have cracked up the front end of their cars tyring to stop on the slick stuff with summer tires. IMO, not worth it. Most of us run winters and summers.. the only way to fly! Also, potholes can get pretty bad here, might not be to forgiving on your 18" wheels (I have a slightly bent 17")

See you soon?????
Old 06-16-2003, 05:28 AM
Banned

Default hi! thanks alot for the tips :)...

I'll be out in Minneapolis on Friday. I'm actually moving to downtown, for good, in about a month.

Maybe we can meet up some time!
Old 06-16-2003, 10:12 AM

Default You're moving HERE!?!!?!

w00t!!! We get Piggie!!

Things to check:
For snow tires, I highly recommend Nokian WR in V rating. They can be purchased from <a href="http://www.andersonmotorsport.com">Anderson Motorsports</a> for a decent price (lowest price we've been able to find around here). The WR is NOT the most agressive snow/ice tire by any means.. more like a good all season that does exceptionally in the snow/ice. A good mix for the amount of snow we get on the roads here / plowing service.

Also, you might want to check out the Minnesota Audi Club ( <a href="http://www.mnaudi.com">http://www.mnaudi.com</a>) Local group of enthusiasts with local discussion board, etc. Before anyone flames me, I know I'm behind on going through membership apps.. I'll do it 2nite or tomorrow, I promise!

We're glad you're coming out here! Work bringing you? I smell a lot of new local piggie pipe customers!! ;-)
Old 06-16-2003, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Where in DT?

I am actually moving out of the downtown...let me know when you're around.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:30 AM

Default When are you going to be here Friday? It would be fun to set up a lunch / dinner

E-mail or IM me if you prefer.

AIM: jjprices
Yahoo: jjprices
MSN: jjprices@hotmail.com
e-mail: jprice@mnaudi.com
Old 06-16-2003, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Welcome to Minneapolis! Forget downtown. Live in the southwest suburbs.

The Audi people in the southwest are more fun :-)
Old 06-16-2003, 11:14 AM

Default It'll be nice you meet you...

Like Jordan suggested let's get a lunch/dinner going to welcome you to the state. Jordan will even buy for you.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:23 AM

Default I run the same summer tires...

Durring the winter I run the 17" Avus stock wheels with Nokian NRW's. I put my p-zerros on in late April and let me tell you, driving in the snow on those puppies is not good... They turn into hockey pucks and you skate.

Welcome to MN!

-Dan Schwarz
Old 06-16-2003, 11:27 AM

Deal.. mike, I'll buy the food.. you're on your own for the drinks.

Quick Reply: hey...just wondering how bad the streets are around downtown Minneapolis during the winter...any